Love?

I am screwed. He told me he never came to Tokyo before, how the hell was I suppose to know he was fluent in Japanese?

"So you understood our conversation I just exchanged?"

He nodded, "Every word."

I looked down as I have nothing to say, until a comeback popped in my head.

"You didn't stop me though."

He leaned in laughing, "You got me there."

I laugh too, "When did you learn Japanese? I'm quite surprised that you never came to Japan but yet you're so fluent."

"Thank you, I try. I used to take it as an extra curriculum. Helped me get extra credits back in highschool."

"Huh, so bad boy used to be good before?"

He nodded as he smiled making a sound from sucking in his cheek.

"Yea, surprisingly. Didn't know it would help until now."

I shrugged, "It was a test."

"Sure it was, a test you didn't know I had the ability to take."

"Doesn't that make the test more fun and better?"

The waiter comes in dropping off two ice water in a separate cup.

"Yea, I'll give you that one. Now we're here, give me your phone."

I look at him blankly, he's already had my phone before, why would he want it again?

"Why? You just had it for three days. Plus I don't know you too well."

I whine as he licks his lips, obviously trying to solve a nonexistent plan.

"Now you do. Just give me your phone. This trip is about you, and I want to make that experience worth it."

I sip my drink before replying irresponsibly.

"Okay, can you tell me beforehand?"

He let's out a big pact of air, "Fine. I'm going to mute, something."

I nodded giving him my phone. It wasn't detailed but we both knew that was the closest I was going to get.

"Okay from now on," he begins as he unlocks my phone.

"You will not answer or reply to any business related things,"

I sigh already. This is too hard.

"For the next three days. Unless a huge emergency happened, try that."

As he handed me my phone back. I checked to see my business group chats as "Don't reply". It's adorable how he tries to make me experience the whole trip. He really is a softie at heart.

He gently places the phone back next to my cup of water. I look up and his finger points at me.

"Do not pick up any of those. Not even an emergency."

"What? An emergency? What if-"

"No."

"But like if-"

"No."

"Someone die-"

"No."

"Fine."

I glared at him as he smiles sweetly, like sugar coated on top.

"I want to show you what fun is, okay? So relax and enjoy."

I cock my head to the side as my eyes stayed on his, "What type of fun?" I said smirking.

He chuckles as his eyes roll over to the side. He broke the eye contact from being quite surprised.

"You, you really have gotten dirtier huh. Are you always on the low like this?"

I slowly denied, "It only comes out when I'm with hot guys."

I quickly sip my water as his eyes adjust to look at mine. I looked down, yet his eyes followed where mine went.

He slowly places his elbow on the table as his left arm lies down. His other arm was stood up because of the elbow resting on the table. His head carried the weight onto his right hand, as he pouts.

"You're cute."

I was kind of scared to look back up, so I decided to play around with the wrapper of the straw.

"That's a first." I try adding the sarcasm.

"Doesn't seem like it."

I look up to him. "Everyone says that sweetie, so they can try and trick me into money again. I was fooled once, I'm not believing that anymore."

He eyes stayed calm, as he stayed in that structure.

"Have you ever been in love? Not necessarily with a guy, but with anyone?"

My eyes started to sting from that word. I don't know that word, it's nonexistent in my head.

"Describe 'love'."

His other arm comes down as he backs up, leaning on the chair.

"I don't know either. I'm an idiot at that word."

I smile, "Looks like we're both idiots at love, huh?"

He shrugs as he smiled back, "Two idiots with one word ringing in their head, yea?"

I nodded, as my daze went back down to my lap.

"What if, we are two idiots learning that word, together?"

His eyes grew wide, and I got goosebumps from hearing what my own mouth just said. I said it without thinking, but I definitely don't regret it.

-

A/N

So uh, this book is a bit different. If you're reading this book quickly, I suggest not to read it at all.

I made this book because I want the readers to read it slowly, and get every word drilled in their head.

Because it's more romantic like that.

But that's also the reason why scenes in this book are long, and the chapters are short.

Hopefully it's to your taste as it is to mine. 💜

CAN WE TALK ABOUT JINTRO FOR A HOT MINUTE THO?

-Linds