Chapter 7

When I arrive at the mall I turn my car off.

I stare at the building in front of me.

Don't cry Sierra.

It's just a mall.

When I blink I can feel a tear leave my eye.

It's okay Sierra.

You just have to walk around and pretend that you are not miserable.

I wipe my eyes and exit the car.

I go to the entrance and find all my friends already there, waiting for me.

Jenna, Abigail, Elise, Clare, and Kendra all greet me when I walk up to them and we head to the first store.

Together the six of us enter the store.

I used to love shopping here.

Now I hate shopping.

I hate looking at all the clothes that will never fit me, or look good on me.

I just follow my friends around as they hold up things they like and hold onto them to go try on.

"Sierra, look at this." Jenna says as she hold up a long sleeve shirt that is yellow and has a small logo in the top right corner. "This is so you." She tells me, shoving the top at me.

A small.

She handed me a size small.

"This isn't my size though." I tell her.

She doesn't have to give me a smaller size than I should be to make me feel better.

"There isn't an extra small, but even a little bigger it will still be really cute, and that color is perfect for your skin tone." She tells me.

I decide to not say anything and just hold the shirt.

I can just put it away when they aren't looking.

"This is so cute!" Clare exclaims as she hold up a tight fitted black cropped shirt with a rose on it.

How can she have the confidence to wear that?

"Sierra, here, this will look amazing on you." Elise says, handing me a long sleeve black shirt with a small rainbow in the corner.

Extra small.

Why are they trying to put me in these sizes?

I'm not small, let alone extra small.

"Sierra, I know it's not really your thing, but would you ever wear this?" Kendra asks, holding up a white lace up cropped shirt.

"There is no way I will ever put that on." I tell her.

No one needs to see that and neither do I.

"Well, you are. Try it on at least." She tells me, adding it to my pile.

I hate this.

She gave me an extra small.

Do they just want to laugh when these clothes don't fit me?

"Come on, I want to eat, let's get to the fitting rooms." Abigail says, causing us all to follow her to the back of the store.

The lady back there puts us all in a different room, and it is a good thing the store is basically empty, because we take up all six fitting rooms.

I stare at the clothes, I should just sit here and tell them nothing fit.

All three shirts they chose are really cute, and they were right about the black and yellow ones, both of those are my style.