Chapter 26

I run around my house, freaking out.

Gosh, this would be so much easier with a mirror.

Justin Allen is taking me on a date.

I'm going on a date.

What am I supposed to wear?

What do I even look like?

Why did my mom throw away all my makeup?

I just stare into my closet.

I will look horrible in everything.

So, what should I be wearing?

I know we aren't eating anything, thank goodness.

My mom just made me eat dinner.

I'm thankful he decided against taking me out to dinner or something.

Not sure that would be a good first date idea for us.

I don't want to wear a dress.

I don't want to wear something I hate.

But I also don't want to wear something that makes it look like I'm just lounging around at home all day.

So I guess my typical leggings and t shirt probably won't work.

As I stare, I hear a knock on my bedroom door, followed by the entrance of Hannah.

"Hey Sierra." She says, walking into my room without permission.

"What do you need? I'm trying to get ready." I tell my little sister, getting a bit annoyed that she is here.

"I want to help you." She tells me.

"And what are you going to help me with?" I ask my sister.

"Well, I'm assuming you need help choosing an outfit." She says, knowing she is right.

"No, I don't, I can figure this out on my own." I tell her, not really believing myself.

"No you can't, just trust me." She says before pushing me out of the way and going through my closet.

After a few minutes she hands me her outfit choice followed by my white Converse.

When I see how small the pile is, I am a bit skeptical.

When I unfold it to reveal the white top with lace up detail at the top that must have been slipped into my closet sometime after the last time I went shopping with my friends, followed by a pair of jean shorts, I laugh.

"Hannah, good joke, but really, I have no idea what to wear." I tell the thirteen year old.

"Sierra, I wasn't kidding." She tells me.

"Hannah, when would I ever wear this, look at it. No one should have to look at me in this." I tell her.

"Sierra, it would look amazing in you." She tells me.

"I'm not wearing that." I tell her.

"Fine. Then how about this, whatever I choose next, is what you have to wear." She suggests.

"Fine." I agree, I have to get dressed two minutes ago if I want to be on time, and I have no idea what to wear. And it's not like her outfit choice could get any worse.

Immediately she turns back to my closest and makes her next choice.

She hands me a white sweater like t shirt thing that has a rainbow stripe on it that is rather tight, followed by jeans and the same shoes.