Chapter 22

"Congratulations, Sierra. You are free to leave." Dr. Roth tells me. "Go ahead and start packing, your parents will be here soon." She adds with a smile.

"Thank you." I tell her before leaving her office and heading to my room.

I have officially gained the weight she told me I had to.

I am officially allowed to leave this place.

When I enter my room, I start to pack.

"You are leaving?" Julie, my roommate asks.

"Yes, sorry, but you will be fine, you can survive here without me." I tell her.

Taylor left two weeks ago, and Julie took her place.

"Well, it was good getting to know you, Sierra, good luck." She tells me before heading to lunch.

Thank goodness I got to avoid yet another meal here.

Eating never really became easier to do, just easier to deal with.

Meals never became quicker.

I still spend endless hours sitting, just trying to get my meals down.

As promised, my schooling was able to be figured out.

There are only two weeks of school left, but I will be able to finish and graduate with my class.

I already missed prom, but that is probably a good thing, because being here got me out of going and dress shopping.

My parents, my friends, and Justin visited me frequently, as they promised.

Every time they came they told me how proud they were.

They always told me how happy they were that I was getting better.

Justin visited me the most.

Every time he came, he made it clear that he still likes me, and that he wasn't insane.

Everyone kept trying to convince me that he had reasons to like me.

It became easier to understand why he would think that.

But I still don't quite get it.

I don't understand why he would like me, what he sees in me.

He has been nothing but sweet and supportive.

Even if he did like me, I wouldn't deserve him.

He is perfect it seems. Everything about him is amazing.

I like him. A lot.

But he would never actually feel that way about me.

I finish stuffing my bags before sitting on my bed. I get to go back to real life.

I get to touch technology again, they wouldn't even let me type my essays on the computer or anything.

I know they told my parents to not let me on social media, that it can like, be harmful to look at for me right now, but I don't even care if I can't go on certain things. I just miss my phone.

I get to go back to school, I have to try and explain my six month disappearance to everyone. My teachers all know where I am, but my peers have no idea.

I guess I just have to pretend I was really sick or something.

They can't know I was here.

I don't want to admit to anyone I have a problem.

I don't want to admit to myself I have something wrong with me.

But after almost dying, I think that is hard to deny.