Chapter Twenty-one | Elijah Kamski

3rd POV

Samantha fidgeted with her hair tie on the way to Kamski’s, and Connor definitely noticed.

“Are you alright, Samantha? Every time you get nervous, you play with your hair tie. Is something wrong?” Connor questioned as he looked behind him, toward Sam.

She shrugged, and stopped playing with the thin band.

“Elijah was just a really close family-friend. He also walked out on my mom and me when we needed him the most…” She clenched her fists as she spoke; anger flooding through her veins.

“I just have a few words to say to him.”

Hank looked at Samantha in the rear-view window as he parked.

“Well be careful, Sam.. I don't want you getting hurt.” Hank said.

“Why would I get hurt?” Sam questioned. It looked as if Hank were about to say something, but he stopped himself before-hand.

*~*~*

Sam’s POV

So this is where he ran off to..

We walked into the modern house, and a woman greeted us-- well, an android woman.

Connor stared at her for a moment, and Hank started cackling.

"What, you got a crush, Connor?" He sat down, and Connor looked baffled.

I looked down, and sat in the other chair.

I tried to ignore the hint of jealousy crawling over me, but I couldn't.

He CAN’T love you. Stop feeling this way.

"No! I um.. I respect someone else, in that regard..." He glanced at me for a split second, then shifted his gaze toward the wall again.

I felt my body become slightly warmer, and seen Hank look at me.

"Don't fuckin tell me--"

"He's ready.." Chloe came in, and directed us to the door; interrupting Hank mid-sentence.

Thank god.

We followed Chloe into a room with a red pool, and a couple other Chloes.

Elijah looked very surprised to see me.

"Welcome!" He greeted as we walked over to the window. "Samantha, it's great to see you again!" He walked closer to me, causing me to back away.

He chuckled and shook his head. "I completely understand; you have the right to be angry at me. I only did what was right; your father--"

"Of course I have the right! You ditched us when we needed you the most, you bastard!! You left us alone when my father started drinking! You didn’t help in any way!" I interrupted him, and yelled in his face. He looked really confused.

"Oh.. You don't know the real problem then? I suppose that could be good, but--"

"What do you mean?? Are you hiding something..?" Hank walked forward, and tried to separate us, but I gave him a dirty look; causing him to take a step back.

"Uh, let's take this in the back room... I'm not sure you want your friends hearing this." Fear flooded me as I slowly followed him to the door on the right of us. Hank looked frustrated-- and almost scared-- but I ignored him; I needed to know why he walked out on us-- what was so bad, he couldn't even tell me in front of the people I trust the most.

Connor's POV

There was a lot of yelling coming from the room, but Hank ordered Connor to stay out of it.