24

I got to Joey's house late Friday night. We stayed up until about 12 am waiting for Prom to start. We had to much excitement in our hearts to even sleep that night. But eventually we did.

When we woke up we waited until about 4 pm to head over to Jamila's house.

I got dressed at Joey's in lounge clothes. I wanted to be comfortable while getting ready, I have makeup and hair to get done today I'm not getting dressed up for that.

After putting on comfortable clothes I drove Joey and I to Jamila's house

After putting on comfortable clothes I drove Joey and I to Jamila's house. I didn't even knock I just walked in this time, I have a key. One of the pluses from being a Bestfriend.

I walked straight to her room, in efforts to avoid Michael. Right as I was going to call myself home free, he walked right out his room. I looked at him for a quick second before continuing towards Jamila's room.

He looked as if he had something to ask me, but he didn't. I welcomed Jamila with open arms and she welcomed me into her room.

"Okay Auriel first thing we are going to work on is hair". She announced getting me ready.

"Sure".

"We are going to leave it down and I'm going to keep your curls natural. It is the most beautiful". She complimented

"Thank you J". I giggled

She helped Joey and I with our hair. She started with wetting my hair to make my curls come to light. She conditioned it with leave in conditioner to keep my curls nice and shiny.

After that she left it to dry naturally and went to help Joey comb his hair. It took about 45 minutes for her to finished Joey's and 1 hour and 30 mins to get mine they way she wanted it.

She even braided a few braids on the side.

"Auriel you look amazing I can't even stand in your presence right now to much beauty". She always hyped me up all the time I swear.

I laughed and then we moved on to make up

I laughed and then we moved on to make up. Jamila was skilled in makeup so we let her do mine and Joey's makeup.

Which took the longest, about 2 hours. Especially since we had to let Jamila go to the store to find makeup that matched my skin tone and Joey's.