Thirteen: Classified

Louis looked at his friend with a frown, turning towards him properly in the chair.

“This sounds pretty serious, which you rarely are, Nialler... now I'm sounding dramatic... But please go on before I start rambling.” Niall smiles a bit, chuckling lightly as he looks over at his phone that buzzed.

“It has to do with Liam, and it may be confusing or difficult to deal with, but I want you to know that nothing is going to change between you and the both of us. I'll always be your friend, to support and love you.” Louis' frown comes back without a fight, growing extremely confused over the Irishman's words. What was he trying to tell him?

“It sounds like you've committed a murder, Nialler, jeez. Can you please spill it already?” The Irishman sighs, nodding as he looks over at his phone, deciding to show proof as well.

After pulling up his messages with Liam, Niall hands Louis the phone and begins speaking as well with a shaky tone.

“Liam and I have been kind of seeing each other for the past few days and I know it's strange, confusing and it may be hard to understand, but he and I have this connection that brought us together, I guess you could say. It's really weird and you may not like it, Lou, but having this ruin our friendship is what I'm afraid of because I love you and for things to change would every bit of me.” The frailer male frowns, sighs and grows a bit agitated in a sense over this information.

“I don't hate you, I just... why wouldn't Liam want to tell me about this? I didn't even know that he liked guys, but that isn't a problem, of course... It's just really weird to see him with you, kissing you and all that...” Niall smiles a bit, hoping that Louis wouldn't suddenly say something which he'd regret.

“I know it's really weird, but I'm glad to be even getting the chance to date him, Lou. I've been in love with him for about three or four years now and to actually have him be mine is a dream come true... something that I've longed and wished for, all mine.” Louis smiles a bit and hands Niall the phone, scratching the back of his neck as he exhales slowly.

“I'm happy for you, it's just... I need some time to think, I guess. It's all just so sudden and picturing you as my stepfather is surely something I never thought of... I hope you can understand.” Niall nods a bit, letting a small smile form on his lips carefully.

“Of course, Lou. Take all the time you need to sort this information out, even if you need to leave my side and let it all in.” Louis smiles at his friend and grabs his belongings, beginning to head out of the dorm room.

He turns back though, “I don't hate you, Nialler. I just want you to know that.” The Irishman nods then watches his friend leave the room, letting him be alone to call Liam again and focus on his homework.

Once the elder man picked up, Niall situated himself comfortably in his chair, writing down notes and equations neatly in the notebook.

“Hello, love?” Niall smiles and angles the phone properly on a book, making it so Liam could see him clearly on the screen.

“Hi, Li. I figured video chat would be better for what I'm about to tell you.” The man raises his brow as he lays in his bed shirtless, looking at Niall in the slightly cool room.

“Please tell me it's something good. I can't bear handling a traumatic statement.” Niall chuckles, giving a slight nod to the man.

“Yeah, erm... I kind of told Louis about us, and I know it's so soon into the relationship, but it had been bothering me already.” Liam sighed softly as Niall frowned a bit, feeling a bit reluctant about his idea to speak the truth.

“I see... as long as he isn't mad at either of us. He isn't... right?” Niall shook his head, continuing to write down stuff from the computer as he licked his lips quickly.