Twenty Two: Forget The Past

Niall woke up the next morning entangled in Liam's arms, smiling gently as the scent of the man oozed off of him perfectly. It calmed him after the whirlwind of a month in working at the large estate near their paid for hotel.

The job itself turned out easier than expected for Niall who grew mature as a result of working in the same business as Liam.

The elder brunette grew comfortably around the different people and familiar environment as well, adjusting to showing his affection towards his younger lover in a new area of expertise.

Louis and Harry gained a lot of credibilities so far, earning bigger spots for themselves in the large company that continued to give graciously.

Niall dreamt of never leaving such a remarkable place, but he wanted to continue his years in college and focus on a more educated future that involved working with Liam, Louis, and Harry.

He eventually slipped away from Liam's hold though, stepping into the connected bathroom to freshen up and get prepared to relax the whole day, which he felt extremely thankful for.

As Niall began brushing his teeth, he could see Liam entering from their bedroom, hair messy and eyes droopy from just waking up moments ago.

“How'd you sleep, my love,” Liam questioned, voice deep and hoarse after a long night's rest.

Niall smiles at the tone of Liam's voice, finding it soothing to hear when waking up every morning.

“Good, of course. Been sleeping well ever since the incident actually, a lot better. It's like a huge amount of stress fell from my shoulders even though he had an effect on me in some way.” The elder male hums, wrapping his arms around Niall's waist before bringing their lips together briefly.

“I'm glad that you don't have to deal with him any more love, even if he made me laugh a few times, genuinely. The kid has a bad heart and only evil can male him happy, which is saddening.” Niall nods softly, a small, sad smile making its way onto his face for a quick moment.

“Let's just not bring that topic again, okay? I want us to focus on our future together and with what we have to do for the rest of this term.” Liam smiles bright, now standing beside Niall to brush his teeth as well, brow raised in thought.

“Don't we have to do a big project to end this month? My memory has been a little stale lately, so I'm not really sure.” Niall chuckles lightly, now flossing teeth wearing an evident smile on his face.

“Yes, Li. It'll take most of our time left in working there, but the outcome will surely be worth it.” The Irishman couldn't feel happier to know how much he's done to make the company, and doing it with Liam only made the experience more worthwhile.

“Definitely. Where are Louis and Harry, by the way? Out already to see the sights as usual?” Niall nods, remembering the text that he received.

“Yeah, it was already planned last night that they'd go out and see what they could. I kind of just want to stay inside today, if that's okay with you. Seeing him is a high chance and I'd rather not deal with him today or ever again, for that matter.” Nodding, Liam cleans his toothbrush then gives Niall a proper kiss, leaving the bathroom to make breakfast moments afterward.

This left Niall in the bathroom, thoughts swarming around in his head as school never seemed to fade away from them, no matter how hard he tried.

Dealing with Shawn would only make it worse, especially for another three years or so since he wanted a specific degree before leaving entirely.

He eventually stepped into the kitchen to see Liam cooking, as usual, sitting down on the opposite side of the island whilst holding his phone.

“Have you ever thought about working at the college that I go to, Li? It'd make me feel a lot more comfortable and safe.” Liam shrugs, glancing over at Niall who has his eyes glued to the phone that he held tightly.