Twenty One: The Truth

Niall and Hailee met up the next morning in the hallway of the hotel, standing in front of the room that held both Shawn and Cameron inside.

The Irishman felt uneasy when reaching for the door, almost too much to the point that he'd throw up at any moment in time.

But he didn't, instead, he opened said entrance with a shaky sigh and stepped in with Hailee trailing right behind him.

She felt infuriated and nervous to learn about the truth, wondering the many possibilities at hand as to why Shawn and Cameron became so secretive around her at multiple times.

Assuming the worst felt like the wrong thing to do, but she couldn't help it, going mentally insane from how Shawn turned out as during each summer vacation. It appeared incorrect, almost impossible.

Once they stepped into the actual bedroom, the pair witnessed Shawn and Cameron holding each other, snuggling in the other's warmth that felt so nice. Hailee gasped as she realized the truth, storming over to the couple who didn't notice that she or Niall stood there, watching them.

“When were you two planning on telling me about this? How long has this been going on for?” Shawn sat up casually, rolling his eyes in disgust.

“For over a year, Hails. We've been fücking and been in love with each other for over a year and it feels so goddamn good to finally say that. Now, would you please leave before I do something that I'd regret.” Hailee growls, fists clenched in anger as she stormed over to Niall in disbelief.

“Let's get out of here, Niall...” The Irishman snarled at the cocky, taller brunette, growing pissed off himself as he eyed him carefully.

“So the times when you got jealous, used me for your own satisfaction, that was all a lie?” Shawn smiles proudly as Cameron cuddles into his side, wearing headphones to block out the interaction.

“Yes, and I don't regret any of it. I even got to use your ass a little bit, which felt completely worth it.” Niall scoffs, rolling his eyes as he stepped back to leave the man and bedroom behind.

“You'll get what's coming to you, Shawn, and it won't be pretty.” Hailee follows the Irishman after speaking those last few words, throwing her ring at Cameron's forehead before really doing so.

They went back to Niall's hotel room where everyone else stayed, entering it with anger still boiling inside of them at the thought of Shawn.

“We've got to do something about them, Niall. I don't want Shawn to win or be happy with the man that I loved so much. Going back to Cameron would be the biggest mistake, but I need the satisfaction of seeing the two of them lose.” Niall nods, a small smirk playing at his lips as he sat down on the bar stool in the kitchen, thinking of what to do to make Shawn pay for what he did.

“There's a lot we can do to make him suffer, and God, I really want him to, but we should think and wait on doing whatever in order to get the jump on him if you catch my drift.” Hailee nods, letting out a shaky sigh as she thought of the whole situation all over again. She felt broken.

“That's fine, yeah. I'm going to go visit my mom in her room and stay there for a little while, okay? Text me if anything comes up.” Niall nods, giving her a quick hug before she leaves, sighing.

As she left, Liam came into the kitchen, brow raised as he noticed a disheveled looking Niall.

“You look stressed, love. What's the problem?" The Irishman groans, pulling Liam into a gentle hug.

“Shawn... He... He fücking used me and told me the truth, Li. I don't ever want to see him again and please don't do anything to him, please?” Liam clenches his jaw, holding Niall gently in his grasp.