Hand in Hand #2

3rd Person P.O.V:

[Hank – Close] [Gavin – Warm]

Connor came to the office and walked to Hank's desk. Hank was on the chair, working. "Good morning, Lieutenant." Said Connor, and Hank looked at Connor, stopped working. "Hey, where'd you go this morning?" asked Hank. "I was investigating." Said Connor, then Hank crossed his arms. "You went investigating about what? And without me?" "No need to be jealous, Hank." Said Connor with a smile, and Hank blushed a bit. "I-I wasn't jealous, okay? It's just. . .we're partners & we're supposed to work together." Replied Hank. "I know, and I'm happy to hear that you care about me." "Of course, I do. Anyway, what were you investigating about?" asked Hank, then Connor sat down on Hank's desk, and said, "I was investigating about the invitations we received." "Oh, but why? Isn't that from Andrew?" asked Hank. "No, it wasn't. . .there must've been someone else. . ." said Connor, and took out the invitation.

Connor handed it to Hank, and said, "I tried to analyze the letter." Hank looked at it, and noticed that the invitation can split in two. "I peeled the front page, and on the second page, it said, 'Be careful' with blue blood. The blue blood was from a model ST200." Said Connor. "Who would do this kinda trick?" asked Hank. "Someone. . .who knows about androids. . .has easy access to blue blood. . .and owns an android, model ST200." Said Connor, and the two looked at each other, then synced, "Kamski."

"But why would he do this? And how did he know?" asked Hank. "I've took contact with the Cyberlife. . .and they confirmed that Kamski was here for a short amount of time, he left the day before the android party." Said Connor. ". . .What was he thinking?" "I don't know. . .he is a mysterious man." "No shit. Well. . .are we going to Kamski's place?" ". . .No need for that." "Are you sure?" "Yes, Lieutenant. You need some rest, since yesterday has been a really stressful day for you. Would you like a cup of coffee?" asked Connor. "Uh. . .sure. Thanks." Said Hank, and Connor went to go get Hank a cup of coffee.

Connor walked to the break room, then saw Gavin. ". . .Hello Detective." Connor greeted, and Gavin looked at Connor. "Hey. . ." replied Gavin. Connor walked up to the coffee machine, then Gavin said, "Hey, Connor. . ." Connor turned to Gavin, and said, "Yes?" ". . .Um. . .last night. . .Hank told me about you. . ." Connor heated up a bit, and Gavin continued, "He really did change, since he met you. Before, he was like. . .a lazy cop, he didn't come to work much, and he had issues with the Captain." "Hank was having deep personal issues." "So. . .um. . .well, you did save me at the party chaos, and uh. . .I. . .might have a second thought about you." Said Gavin, rubbing the back of his neck with one hand, and Connor smiled a little. "Ahem, don't take it the wrong way, okay? I'm just. . .gonna treat you just a tiny bit better, okay? Tiny bit, you plastic." Said Gavin, blushing a bit. "I appreciate you trying, Gavin." Said Connor.

[Gavin ^]

"Shut up, you asshole!" said Gavin, and Connor giggled a bit, then Gavin walked up to Connor. Gavin reached out his hand to Connor, and said, "This is only one time, okay?" Connor handshake with Gavin, and said, "I'm glad to have a new friend."

[Gavin ^^^ – Friend]

"W-What!? I said n-not to take it the wrong way! I-I-I'm not your friend! You plastic shit!" said Gavin, stuttering, and slapped Connor's hand. Gavin grabbed his cup of coffee, and tried to go, but right before he left, he said, "Take care of him." Connor smiled, and said, "Of course." ". . .Fuck you, you plastic asshole." Said Gavin, and left.

Connor walked back to Hank with a cup of coffee. "Here you go." Said Connor, and handed the coffee to Hank. "Thanks, Connor. Also, I saw Gavin come out of the room, did he hurt you?" asked Hank. "No, but we shook hands, and I think we became friends." "Oh. . .that's good to hear." Said Hank. Connor heated up a little, and said, "Hank, what did you. . .say to Gavin about me at the bar last night?" "Hmm? Oh. . .I just told him to treat you better. You're caring, you're a great friend to have, since you saved me from killing myself. If. . .I didn't meet you, I would've. . .given up on everything, you know." Said Hank. Connor smiled, and said, "Thank you, Hank. I love you." Hank blushed, and said, "W-Wha-" Hank cut off as Connor hugged onto him. "CONNOR!"

[Hank ^]

At Kamski's place. . . Chloe walked into Kamski's room, and said, "Elijah, I brought you some cold drinks." "Thank you, Chloe." Said Kamski, who was on a couch, watching a news. ". . .Is it the android party?" asked Chloe. "Yea, it seems like Markus & Connor succeeded in peace making." Said Kamski, and Chloe put the drinks down on the table, then sat down next to Kamski. "I wish I could've joined the party." Said Chloe. ". . .Well, you would've had a stressful time if you went there." Said Kamski. "I know. . .but tell me. . .what was the point of involving that family in this?" asked Chloe. ". . .Just a random chance, Chloe." Said Kamski, and pulled Chloe closer to him. "'Random'?" asked Chloe, and Kamski giggled. "Yes. . .random. Well. . .dangers are not over. Humans never learn. . .there will always be drifts between the two species. Be careful. . .Markus. . .Kara. . .& of course. . .Connor."

That night. . .at Hank's place. . .Connor was in the kitchen, looking at the invitation & the message. Connor turned on the stove, then let the invitation catch on fire, and threw it in the sink. . .watched it burn slowly.

"Connor?" asked Hank, who walked in the kitchen. Connor turned around, and said, "Hank. . .you need to go to sleep." "I'm not a kid, you know. Also. . .the fuck you doing?" asked Hank, then Connor turned around to turn off the stove. ". . .I was just incinerating the invitation." ". . .Why?" ". . .Because it's useless. The message. . .I know. . .there will still be dangers for all of us." Said Connor, and his body started shaking a bit, and Hank noticed. ". . .There will always be dangers in life. . .even if we're getting along. . .shadows will always be lurking around, but I know that we can fix this. We have to. . ." said Connor. "Connor. . .calm down, son." Said Hank, walking up to Connor. ". . .I'm. . .scared, Hank." Connor turned to Hank, and said, "I'm scared. . .every time you get involved into the mess that you shouldn't have been. . .I can't stop thinking about you. I don't want to lose you, and I don't want to die. I'm always under stressful decisions. . .I just. . .I. . ."

[Hank ^]

Connor started tearing up, then Hank pulled Connor into a hug. "I'm sorry, Connor. . ." "Hank. . ." ". . .Everyone is under stressful decisions. Not just you. I'm scared as well. I can't lose you, I don't want to. You're important to me, Connor. We're together in the mess." Said Hank, patting Connor's head. Connor hugs back, and said, "Hank. . .thank you." They released each other, then Connor smiled, and said, "I love you, Hank." Hank smiled, and replied, "Love you too, Connor." Connor leaned forward, and kissed Hank on the lips. Hank blushes, soon he kisses Connor back.

[Hank ^^^ – Lover]

They parted, and Hank said, "Let's go to sleep, it's late." "Alright, Hank." Said Connor with a smile. They went to the bedroom, and laid down on the bed. "Night Connor." Said Hank, and went to sleep. "Goodnight Hank." Said Connor, and went to sleep mode.

Since that party incident, humans & androids started working together, hand in hand. Treating each other better, no more segregation, violence, slavery, etc.