Chapter 5

Later that day...

"Park Chaeyoung. Please wait for me after class. I have something to talk to you about." Ms. Yang told Chaeyoung with a firm look. "Oh. And Jeon Jungkook? Join us. It involves you."

Jungkook looked up from his notebook. Why him? What did he do? He was really confused. Why does Ms. Yang want to see him and Chaeyoung at the same time? What is it that she needs to tell them?

Chaeyoung was also feeling no different. At first she thought maybe she wanted to talk about her grade. But after knowing that it involves Jungkook? What did they even do?

'Oh no. Did she see the fall in the library? Does she think we were doing something?' Chaeyoung started panicking.

Beads of perspiration could be clearly seen on Jungkook's forehead. His anxiety was kicking in. 'Does she want to talk about what happened in the library? Did someone tell her about the fall? Maybe she's suspecting we were doing something we shouldn't...' Jungkook's thoughts started bothering him.

They both slowly walked up to her desk after everyone left the room. Not without shooting doubtful looks to both Jungkook and Chaeyoung.

"Chaeyoung. I'm sorry to say that I haven't noticed any kind of improvement in your tests. I've told you that if you work a little bit harder, you will get an easy B. Or even an A. I see potential in you." Ms. Yang told Chaeyoung with a concerned yet firm and calm tone.

Chaeyoung kept her head down, her lips pressed together. Jungkook also kept looking down. 'Why am I here if it's about her grade? Am I also dropping?'

"I see that the work you're putting in is not enough. So I thought maybe Jungkook can help you by tutoring you." Ms. Yang continued.

Chaeyoung and Jungkook both looked up with wide eyes. "M-me?" Jungkook stammered. "Yes, Jungkook. You're the top student of our college so giving her a little attention and tutoring her will surely not be a trouble I believe? Plus, you can also do your revision meanwhile. She needs your help." Ms. Yang told Jungkook.

Chaeyoung could do nothing but stand and listen to everything. What else can she say? She really does need help if she wants to do well in order to go to her preferred University. But will he even agree to help her?

"Jungkook do you have any problem tutoring her?" Ms. Yang asked Jungkook.

"Um.. I guess.. I don't have any problem. I could help her." Jungkook managed to say.

Chaeyoung looked at him. He looked back and their eyes met. Jungkook again felt the calming sensation that her eyes gave him. She slightly smiled at him, assuring that she doesn't have any problem with the situation.

"Well then it's settled. Jungkook will be tutoring Chaeyoung until the year end exams. I'll be evaluating your test. Don't let me down." She patted both of them on their backs and left the classroom.

The air around them still had a little awkwardness. "Um.. thanks for agreeing to help me. I really appreciate you doing this for me." Chaeyoung spoke first, breaking the silence of the class.

"Uh.. yes.. y-you don't need t-to thank me." Jungkook stammered.

Chaeyoung gave him a slightly confused look. Why is he always so tensed?

"Give me your phone" she said. Jungkook stared at her with shock and confusion. "Uh why should I?" He asked trying to sound as polite as possible. Chaeyoung just giggled. "I'm going to give you my number so that you will text me the details about tutoring."

"Oh." Jungkook said, letting out a sigh of relief. He smiled embarrassingly and handed her his phone. "Here you go. Text me soon." She said and started to leave the classroom. "Oh and another thing..." She said on her way. Jungkook turned around to listen what she had to say. "I work till 7 pm. Part-time job. Just keep the time for after my shift." She smiled brightly and left the class. Jungkook stared at the door and then his phone which showed the contact "Chaeyoung".

~•~•~•~

"Dude what?!" Tae and Jimin exclaimed at the same time.

Jungkook just sat looking down at the table. "You've got to be kidding me. You're going to tutor Chaeyoung? Like, Park Chaeyoung?" Tae asked in pure disbelief. "For real? Ms. Yang really wants you to specifically tutor her?" Jimin asked, equally shocked.

"Yes. And she said that Chaeyoung really needs extra help. She said the effort she puts in is not enough." Jungkook explained.

"Wah! I can't believe this. First, you two bumped into each other in the library and fell down. Then, your mathematics teacher asks you to help her. Yah! Jimin-ah! Do you think they're destined?" Tae said.

"What? The hell are you talking about Tae? Rubbish!" Jimin said. "Yah! You don't need to shout at me. Just a thought." Tae whispered, pouting like a baby.

"I r-really think it's just a coincidence." As he said these words, a voice interrupted their conversation. "I'm so sorry for the delay. Here is your order." The voice said, placing three coffee mugs on the table. Three of them looked up to see a familiar face.

"Ch-Chaeyoung??" Jungkook exclaimed.

"Jungkook?" Chaeyoung cupped her face in shock.

Jimin and Taehyung just sat there, frozen, and kept looking at Chaeyoung, then Jungkook, then back to Chaeyoung.

"What are you doing here?" Jungkook asked suddenly.

"Um obviously working. I told you I work till 7 pm. Did you forget?" Chaeyoung said letting out a small chuckle. Jungkook played their conversation inside his head again.

"Well it's good to see you here. Did you decide the time. Should I come to your place? I feel like that will be easier since I have a roommate and you don't." Chaeyoung said.

Jungkook stared at her. "Wait, how did you know I don't have a roommate?" Jungkook asked.

"We live close-by. Just a few blocks apart. I know your landlady. She often talks about you. She's quite fond of you, just so you know." She casually said. Jungkook blushed a little.

"So did you decide the time?" Chaeyoung asked again.

"Uh... Maybe 8:30? You will have enough time to freshen up and then come." He said.

"Hmm.. good idea. I'll be there. Enjoy your coffee!" She smiled brightly at the three of them and left.