Chapter 20

Three days have passed and Jungkook and Chaeyoung have barely conversed with each other. Since he had taught her everything she needs for the upcoming quiz, he told her to stay at home and practice everything. He noticed she has not been looking well. In campus, she would walk with her head down, and acted really aloof and lost. He was getting restless and worried.

He missed her. The three days have been really hard for him since Chaeyoung has been acting distant. He knew she was having a hard time but he was worried. He missed her presence, her laugh, her touch... Everything. He has fallen for her too deeply to look back now. He doesn't know when. Maybe it just happened gradually as he got to know her. But that wasn't important. Chaeyoung's current state did not sit straight with him. He really hated to see her upset. Which is when, he got an idea.

Chaeyoung

Hey. Be ready at 6 pm today. I have a surprise for you.

Surprise? Hehe what is on your mind?

You'll see... It won't be a surprise if I told you now. Just be ready. You'll love it. Please don't say no.

Um okay... See you soon then.

Great! Also, bring extra clothes.

Chaeyoung stared at the phone and smiled. This guy. How did he even know she needs some cheering up? She put down her phone and sighed. She's not okay. She feels like the world would be a better place if she didn't exist. She is trying hard to stay away from him. She doesn't want him to end up like the others. But she can't. She just keeps getting closer to him the more she tries to run away. She can't help it. She needs him. His comfort, his touch, his love... They're like a pill for her depression. It's getting harder to keep distance. She knows she has come too far to stop loving him now.

She got up and went to her closet. Let me just focus on meeting him now. Maybe Lisa can help me choose what to wear... But why the extra clothes though?

"Lisa? Can you help me here?" Lisa entered the room with her mouth full of Oreos. "What do you need?" She asked. Chaeyoung chuckled. "Can you pick one outfit? I'm meeting Jungkook today." She said. Lisa wiggled her eyebrows and grinned. "Meeting him huh? Are you going to confess?" She asked. Chaeyoung's smile vanished. "I shouldn't..." She said, pressing her lips together.

Lisa looked at her. "Chaeng. You can't keep this to yourself. You know you've come too far to stop now. He deserves to know how you feel." She said. Chaeyoung shook her head. "He's much better off without me. And who knows if he even likes me that way?"

"You'll never know if you won't try. Trust me Chaeyoung. I've seen the way he looks at you. Like you're the only girl in the world. There's this unseen spark between you two. You both deserve to know how you both feel about each other." Lisa said.

Chaeyoung kept staring at the ground. "You really think I should?" She asked. "Positive." Lisa said with a smile. "Now, can you help me with picking an outfit?" She asked. Chaeyoung raised an eyebrow. "Who are you meeting?" She asked. "Someone... You'll know soon. But only if you tell Jungkook how you feel." Lisa said with a smirk. Chaeyoung groaned. "You know how to get your way don't you? Fine. Let's go and make you look pretty." Chaeyoung said dragging a giggling Lisa.

~•~•~•~

Jungkook was getting ready in his apartment while Jimin was accompanying him. "Really Jungkook, Chaeyoung is going to appreciate all the efforts you've put in. I can't believe you've thought all this for her." Jungkook smiled at the mirror while fixing his hair. "You think she'll like it?" He asked. "Knowing her, she'll love it." Jimin replied with a smile.

"Are you going to tell her how you feel?" Jimin asked all of a sudden. Jungkook stared at him with tinted cheeks. "I don't think I should." He said, biting his lower lip. Jimin shook his head and stood up from where he was sitting. "You can't run away from how you feel." He said.

"I don't know if she feels the same way for me." Jungkook said. Jimin laughed. "You two are literally the most dense people I've ever met. You think she doesn't like you? Have you ever noticed the way she looks at you? It's like no one else is in the room except you. The way she cares for you? You think it's normal? She stayed in your apartment for two nights and she never felt uncomfortable about it. What more proof do you need? There's this spark between you two thats obvious to other people except the two of you. Why else do you think Chanyeol feels so threatened?" Jimin said.

Jungkook bit his lower lip and stared at him. Is it really true? Should he finally confess? "I'm nervous..." He said suddenly. Jimin patted his shoulder. "Now that's normal. But just be yourself. Like you've always been with her. And nothing will go wrong." Jimin replied.

Jungkook nodded. He's going to do it. He's finally going to tell her how he feels. The mere idea of it made him nervous as hell but he knows this is something that he has to do. She deserves to know he feels. The only thing he hoped is that he doesn't make the burden that's already on her shoulders heavier.

"Where's Tae?" Jungkook asked, remembering the missing person all of a sudden. Jimin smirked. "He is meeting someone. Told me not to tell you who yet." He said. "Why?" Jungkook asked with raised eyebrows. "No idea." Jimin shrugged, still smiling.

Jungkook stared at him with questioning eyes but thought better. He already has a task to complete. He needs to worry about that for now. He's going to tell Park Chaeyoung how he feels.