Chapter 4

Jungkook quickly exited the library and walked outside, still red and flustered over what happened. He remembered how he felt when he was near her. His breathing was irregular. He was scared that she might have heard his heart beating because it was so loud. He could not understand this strange feeling everytime she's near him. Is it his social anxiety? Or something more than that?

It was the first time he has been so close to her. She was so nice to him, even though it was partly his fault too. He smacked his forehead. 'Yah! I didn't even apologise to her. She must think I'm a bad person now.' He thought. 'Great Jungkook. She was so nice to you and you could not even apologize for making her fall.'

He started walking towards the arcade. He pushed the glass doors and scanned the room to find Tae and Jimin. He knew they would be here. He slowly walked towards them.

Jimin spotted him and patted Tae on his shoulders to get his attention. Tae turned around and saw Jungkook, now much closer to them.

"Where have you been dude? We finished this game thrice already!" Tae said.

"Sorry, I was uh.. caught up with.. something." Jungkook stuttered.

"Why are you stuttering? Did something happen? Did someone trouble you again?" Jimin said.

"No no. No one troubled me. I.. uh.."

"What happened? You look really.. weird." Tae said.

Jungkook then took a deep breath and explained what happened. Of course he left out the part how he felt his heart was going to explode. But he did say that he didn't get a chance to apologise to her.

"Wah! You bumped into Park Chaeyoung? Like... She fell onto you?" Tae exclaimed with eyes wide open.

"Did anyone see that? Because you would be famous if the word spread." Jimin asked, concerned.

"I don't think anyone saw to be honest. But I can't be sure."

"It was really nice of her to apologise even though it was partly your fault." Jimin said.

"Yah! How can you forget to apologise? You always have good manners. Also, it's Chaeyoung. You should have apologized. What if she thinks you're a bad person?" Tae said.

"I know. I thought of that afterwards. I don't know why I didn't say sorry. To be honest, I was completely frozen."

"I would be too honestly if Park Chaeyoung bumped into me and started acting nice." Tae said. Jimin just nodded along.

"Anyways, I think you should still go to her and apologize. It's never too late. Maybe take something with you?" Jimin suggested.

Jungkook looked at him. "I would but you know how nervous I get when it comes to talking to strangers." Jungkook said.

Jimin and Tae looked at each other and then to him. "Well, it's your wish in the end."

Jungkook looked down and said, "I'll t-think about it."

Tae and Jimin smiled slightly. "Let's go. We have Psychology class in a few minutes." Tae said excitedly.

"Of course you wouldn't miss Psych." Jimin chuckled.

~•~•~•~

Chaeyoung opened her car and put her books in the backseat. She sighed and thought about what happened earlier. That guy - Jeon Jungkook - who she shared mathematics and Psychology class with. He was so... Nice.

The way he looked at her. She didn't feel uncomfortable at all. She kept thinking how he picked all of her books and handed it to her so that she won't find any difficulties with her skirt.

"Chaeyoung-ah!"

Chaeyoung was snapped back into reality with the voice of Jisoo. She and Lisa were coming towards her. "We were looking for you everywhere!" Jisoo said.

"Yeah... I was putting my books away."

"Yah! What took you so long?" Lisa said.

"I bumped into someone." Chaeyoung said.

"What?? Do you mean someone bumped into you again on purpose?" Jisoo said.

"No no! It was my fault this time. I was carrying all these books while adjusting my skirt and I didn't see him turning around."

"Who was it?" Lisa asked.

"Jeon Jungkook." She said.

She explained what happened to the girls slowly, careful not to say anything that she shouldn't.

"I should say, it was really nice of him to pick up the books for you. Most guys would just enjoy the show. "Park Chaeyoung doing something clumsy with a scandalous outfit." That's what they will spread around the campus." Lisa said. Jisoo agreed. "This is the downside of being popular. People would act nice to you in your face, but will talk shit once you turn your back."

Chaeyoung just looked down. She thought about him helping and caring about her and felt really warm. She could feel a small smile appearing on her face.

"Yah... Chaeng! Are you blushing?"

Chaeyoung looked up and stared at Lisa in shock. "NO! Why would I??" She said.

Jisoo and Lisa chuckled at her reaction. "I'm just messing with you. At least it's good to know that there are decent guys left in the college. I always thought he was weird, not talking with anyone and keeping by himself. But now we know he's a nice person." Lisa told Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung nodded. "Yes. He is really nice." She smiled slightly as her cheeks turned slightly pink. Before the girls could notice she quickly said, "Let's go! Lisa, we have Psychology now. I don't want to miss."

"Okay okay! Slow down!" Lisa kept saying while going after her. Jisoo just giggled and followed them.