Chapter 18

"It's all your fault! She's useless to me! I don't understand why you gave birth to her!"

"You see this? This is what will happen to him if you stay with him!"

"Your father is just mad at me Chaeng. He still loves you."

"Get out you useless brat! I don't ever want to see your face again!"

Chaeyoung woke up with a start. Beads of perspiration were visible on her face. Her breathing was uneven and fast. She wiped her face and walked to the kitchen to get some water. After drinking almost half the bottle, she ran her fingers through her hair. She couldn't fall asleep now. She just can't be alone.

She slowly walked up towards Jungkook's room and opened the door. She entered it and saw him sleeping soundly in his bed. She went near him and called him. "Jungkook?" He fidgeted a little and opened his eyes half way. He saw Chaeyoung leaning down looking at him. He got up, rubbing his eyes. Was he dreaming or she really was in his room?

"Chaeyoung? What happened? Are you okay?" He asked. Chaeyoung shook her head. "I had a bad dream. I can't fall asleep." He switched on his lights to see her panic-stricken face. "What happened? What dream was it?" She sat down at the edge of his bed and looked down. "I saw people I love getting hurt." He felt bad for the poor girl in front of him. How much he wanted to just grab her and cuddle with her until she falls asleep...

"I don't know what to do. I usually sleep with Lisa when I get these dreams. So I just came here. I couldn't stand to be alone." Jungkook listened to her. "Sleep here." He said. Chaeyoung looked at him with surprised eyes. "Are you sure?" She asked. Jungkook smiled and nodded. He doesn't care anymore. He wants her to feel safe and comfortable. And he will do anything to make her feel safe and sound.

She was glad. Both of them laid down on his bed. Of course, they weren't able to sleep right away. Jungkook was facing his back towards her. He can't believe the situation he was in. He loved it of course. But he was scared that it might make him fall for her more. Chaeyoung was staring at the ceiling. She was feeling better but her heart was still racing. It was because she was sleeping next to him. The one she has been trying to resist.

Both of them eventually fell asleep. Soon, morning rolled up. Jungkook woke up first. He opened his eyes to find a tiny body wrapped around in his arms. Chaeyoung was sleeping soundly, snuggling with him. She looked so beautiful and cozy. Not to mention sexy at the same time. Jungkook was surprised but to see her sleeping comfortably made him soft. He smiled slightly at the sight. "Chaeyoung-ah?" He called her in his husky voice.

She fidgeted and opened her eyes. She noticed Jungkook smiling at her, holding her in his arms. She quickly got up. "I'm so sorry... I didn't mean to..." Jungkook chuckled. "It's okay... No harm done. Are you feeling better though?" He asked, still lying down. Chaeyoung took a deep breath and nodded. "Thanks to you of course." She added. Jungkook smiled. "I'm glad." He got up and told her that he's going to wash up. She nodded and watched him leave. She sighed. She really can't resist him. The harder she tries, the more she gets closer. She just sat there and waited for him to come out.

~•~•~•~

After completing their morning routines, they headed out to the nearest cafe for breakfast. Both didn't talk much during their way there. Chaeyoung was still feeling a little sleepy. Maybe a little coffee will wake her up. They reached the cafe and took a seat near the window.

Jungkook ordered an Americano and Chaeyoung ordered a latte. After ordering he stared at the girl in front of him. She was lazily looking out the window. She was still in his hoodie but had changed his sweatpants to her shorts. Her white shirt still had a visible stain and she couldn't wear it. She looked extra beautiful in the morning. Her in his hoodie, with sleepy face and messy hair screamed girlfriend material to Jungkook. He quickly shook off his thoughts before it got too much.

"You weren't uncomfortable right?" He asked, breaking the silence. Chaeyoung glanced at him and shook her head. "No. I was just scared. But you really calmed me down." She said with a small smile. He felt relieved hearing that. "I'm glad. Let's energize before I drop you off. I'll get your shirt dry-cleaned okay?" He said. She chuckled. "It's not a big deal. You don't have to do it. I'll do it myself." She said. "No. I insist." Jungkook said. She sighed and caved in.

Chaeyoung kept thinking about him since she woke up. It was getting harder for her to resist him. The way he cared for her and protected her drew her closer and closer to him. She couldn't shake off the feeling of him holding her last night. She felt so warm and calm. Like, it was the safest place for her to be. She mentally sighed. She knew she can't stay away from him. But she has to try... For him.

Jungkook was stealing glances at her now and then while waiting for their order. He felt something for her, that's for sure. But was it right? Should he be okay with having feelings for her? It was making him feel uneasy. He didn't want to add more burden to her life. And of course, she doesn't feel the same way for him. So, he should just forget about it. Right?

The waitress interrupted their thoughts with two cups of coffee. They both drank it while made small conversations. Jungkook made her laugh with his witty jokes, which woke her up. Both of them were careful not to bring up what happened last night. She was laughing and he didn't want her to break like last night. He was being his dorky self and she didn't want to stop him. They just focused on the fact that they were enjoying with each other again.

They finished their coffee, paid the bill and headed out. Jungkook dropped her off in her building and returned back to his apartment. Chaeyoung stood silently in the elevator replaying her time with him in her mind. She put her hand on her heart and sighed.

Jungkook entered his apartment and closed the door. He leaned his back against it and sighed, thinking about her. He put his hand on his heart and felt it beating fast.

Will they be able to resist each other? Or will it just pull them closer?