Chapter 19

Jungkook met up with Jimin and Taehyung after his breakfast with Chaeyoung. He went to the park near in his neighborhood where the guys were waiting for him. When they saw him, they rushed towards him and examined his face. They were shocked and angry to see the bruises and scratches on his face. It looked better than last night since Chaeyoung had treated his wounds nicely, but it was still pretty bad.

"Jungkook! Look at your condition! I've never seen you look so bad." Taehyung exclaimed. "I don't understand why he's doing this to you. What exactly is your fault? That you're better than him at maintaining a friendship with a girl?" Jimin stated furiously. Jungkook would've agreed with him if he didn't knew about Chanyeol's illness. He sighed. "It's kind of not his fault." He said, looking down. Taehyung and Jimin raised their eyebrows and stared at him.

"What did you say? How is it "kind of" not his fault?" Jimin asked. He looked up and took a deep breath before explaining them about the situation at hand. "He's like that because he's suffering from OCD. He wouldn't be doing all this if it weren't for his illness." He finished explaining it to them, leaving them speechless, with mouth hanging open.

"Jungkook... I'm asking you very seriously this time. Do you like Chaeyoung?" Taehyung asked. Jungkook looked at him. How will he answer him when he's not sure himself? "I don't know." He replied.

"What do you mean you don't know? The things you're doing for her, no one does that just out of humanity. You've been beaten up thrice by that guy. And you still can't seem to stay away from her. You've offered her to stay at your place, given her your bed, just so she doesn't face any inconvenience. You have always helped her." Jimin said. "Think about it Jungkook. We've been with you for fifteen years. We can tell who you like and who you don't. The things you've been doing for Chaeyoung without any complaints isn't something a "normal" friend would do." Jimin added.

Jungkook listened to both of them closely. They were right. He always felt different around her. When they didn't know each other, he would get nervous and awkward. But he always thought it was his social anxiety. But after a few hours of being together, he can't seem to get enough of her. He never felt any kind of awkwardness or anxiety with her. She always drew him towards her. He really felt that he found a soulmate in her. He enjoyed her presence, her care, her warmth, her love...

"Jungkook... It's okay if you like her. Just admit it to yourself. You can't stay in this denial forvever. There's nothing wrong in having feelings for someone." Taehyung said, putting his hand on his shoulder. Jungkook buried his face in his hands. "I do. I love her." He admitted.

~•~•~•~

Chaeyoung dropped on the couch and laid down with her eyes closed. Last night's scenes were flashing in her mind. Chanyeol's greedy glare, Jungkook getting beaten up in front of her. Everything. Tears formed in her eyes. "Chaeng?" She opened her eyes and found Lisa staring at her.

She sat up and Lisa hugged her tightly. "I was so worried after you told me what happened last night. I am so sorry all this is happening to you." Chaeyoung hugged her back. She tried hard not to break down, but failed. "Lisa... I hate myself." She said. Lisa broke the hug and sat down beside her. She rubbed her back to comfort her.

"I'm such a bad luck charm. It's because of me my mother died and my father doesn't speak to me. It's because of me Jungkook got beaten up by Chanyeol. Three times." She cried. "Why do I always cause trouble wherever I go? Jungkook has been nothing but a sweetheart to me, but unlucky me has put him in danger. Lisa, how can I distance myself from him?" She cried and hugged herself.

"Calm down Chaeng." Lisa softly said, while hugging her. "I know it's hard for you. But you're not a bad luck charm. You're an amazing person and we're so grateful to have you in our lives. And Jungkook wouldn't be such a sweetheart to you if you were bad luck to him. He loves and needs you as much as we all do." She comforted.

Chaeyoung shook her head. "Since I've been close to him, bad things have been happening to him. It's all because of me." She cried.

Lisa looked at her and sighed. "Chaeng. Don't blame yourself for this. You know it's not your fault. It's not your fault that Chanyeol is suffering from a sickness. It's not your fault that your father was mean to your mother. Listen, I'm sure Jungkook needs you as much as you need him. He wouldn't be protecting you all this time if he didn't care about you or needed you. According to his friends, he never lets anyone in like he has let you in his life. He wouldn't want you to beat yourself up for something you don't have control on." She said.

Chaeyoung stared at her with eyes glistening with tears. Maybe she was right. Chaeyoung remembered all the times she spent with him. How happy they were with each other, not caring about others and enjoying the moment. She remembered how safe she felt in his arms, how scared she got to see him getting beaten up. She remembered his care, his affection, his protectiveness, his love...

"Lisa... I love him. I love him so much." She blurted out. Lisa rubbed her arms. "I know you do. Calm down. We'll figure this out." She said and put her head on her lap, stroking her head till she fell asleep.