Chapter 15

Chaeyoung and Jungkook started spending more time with each other. Apart from tutoring, they both went to different places to hangout. Jungkook introduced her to the arcade. Some days, they will spend hours there, playing games. Chaeyoung got to see the competitive side of Jungkook. After one intense match, she lost and felt really sad. To cheer her up, Jungkook won a plushie for her. She got so happy and cheerful after that. Just like a little kid.

One lunch, Jungkook was sitting with Taehyung and Jimin. He was all smiley and in a great mood. "You look happy." Jimin said. "Got an A or something?" Tae said. Jungkook shook his head. "I'm just feeling good nowadays." He replied. His answer caused both of them to smirk. "You've been spending more time with Chaeyoung nowadays. Got a girlfriend or what?" Tae teased. Jungkook chuckled. "Why? Are you jealous?" He said with a smirk. "Yah! Look at this guy. Why would I be jealous?" He asked, bewildered. Jungkook laughed. "We're just normal friends." He said. "You just have been happier since you've started spending more time with her. That's why we asked." Jimin said. "Yeah. She's great." He said, smiling widely. His best friends were happy to see him happy.

The situation at Chaeyoung's table wasn't much different. Lisa and Jennie were bugging her with all kinds of questions while Jisoo was trying to save the poor girl from the attack. "Where did you two go yesterday?" "What was he wearing?" "Did he treat you?" "OMG did he really win you a chipmunk plushie?" "Yah! Why are you two drowning her with your questions?" Jisoo said.

Chaeyoung just sat there with arms crossed listening to the girls. She sighed and gestured them to calm down. "Guys! He's really just a normal friend!" She said. "Sure. You two are together everyday for hours. You keep telling me all about what you two did and how great he is. Don't you tell me that he's a "normal" friend." Lisa said. Chaeyoung shook her head holding it. "It's not that deep." She sighed. "Yeah sure. Not that deep." Jennie mocked while laughing. Chaeyoung couldn't help but smile thinking about the times spent with Jungkook. It's so much fun with him. She has fun with the girls but it's kind of different with Jungkook. She didn't know what was different but it was great.

Meanwhile on Jungkook's table...

"I do have fun with you guys. You guys are my best friends after all. I don't know but I have a different kind of fun with Chaeyoung." He explained Jimin and Taehyung. "She gets how I feel. It's like she sees right through me." Taehyung and Jimin were listening intently. "Jimin-ah. I'm telling you he's in love." Taehyung said. Jungkook stared at him with wide eyes with a little blush. "Yah... I'm not. I'm just happy I have a new friend." He said embarrassingly. "Ah. He's kidding. I'm happy you're feeling comfortable with someone else other than us. Just don't forget us." Jimin said, fake threatening him. This caused the table to burst into laughter.

~•~•~•~

Chanyeol was sitting on his couch at his house. He was drinking. He had a stern expression in his face. He was looking at his phone. Mark has been sending him some pictures. And those pictures were of no other that Chaeyoung and Jungkook. He had told him and Daniel, his best friends, to keep a close eye on both of them and to inform him everything. He had pictures of both from all the times they've hung out together. He grew frustrated to see her laughing with him. He got up and threw the phone across the floor. It landed near someone's feet.

"Chan? You're drinking? Now?" Bambam asked. Chanyeol didn't answer him and kept doing what he was doing. Bambam picked up the phone and saw what he was looking at. He looked at him and felt bad. He didn't like to see his brother going through this. "Bro. She had told you multiple times that she isn't interested. Why don't you listen to her?" Chanyeol turned to face him. "Bullshit! She doesn't know what she's talking about! She belongs to me and only me!" Bambam didn't know how to make him understand. He has literally tried everything. "I don't understand. There are a lot of other girls. Why are you fixated on her?"

"Because she's Chaeyoung. There's no one like her. She's the best and the best belongs to me." He hissed. "I won't let that Jungkook guy steal her. It's because of him she yelled at me. First, in the cafeteria. Second, in front of him. It's because of him that she's mad at me." Bambam held his shoulders. "It's not because of him. It's because of you she's mad at you. If you didn't come off this strong, then she wouldn't have been creeped out." Chanyeol removed his hands from his shoulders. "So you're telling me it's my fault?" He asked, coming closer to his face. Bambam pushed him away. "You stink of alcohol. You need to move on. What you've done till this day just had made her go farther away from you. You need to forget her. She isn't interested nor she will be. You're being too stupid." He said.

Chanyeol scoffed. "I will get her. She doesn't know what's good for her. She belongs to me and I will get what's mine." He said. Bambam sighed. He knew Chanyeol has come too far in his obsession. He decided not to argue with him but call Chaeyoung instead.

He walked out of the room to call Chaeyoung. He dialled her number but someone else picked up. "Hello?" The voice said.

"Lisa? Where's Chaeyoung?" He asked. "Oh she's in the shower. Any important message?" Bambam debated if he should tell Lisa or not. Wouldn't it be better to tell Chaeyoung directly? But Lisa is her best friend though. It's basically the same thing. "Yeah actually..." He described the whole issue to Lisa carefully. Lisa was not surprised but more so concerned. She knew how Chanyeol can be if he developes an obsession for something. She was concerned for her best friend.

"Please tell Chaeyoung to be careful. He should not see her. I don't know what he will do." Bambam said. "Don't worry Bam. Let's keep an eye on him. Yes, I will tell Chaeyoung about this. But she herself can't handle this. We need to keep an eye on him." Bambam agreed and cut the call.

Chaeyoung came out of the shower to see Lisa holding her phone. "Did someone call?" She asked. Lisa turned around and nodded. "I need to talk to you."