Chapter 22

"Jungkook... Are you sure you want to be with someone like me?" She asked him, wrapped in his arms and looking at him, for the final time. He smiled and said, "I'll be the biggest fool if I say no to that. I've never been more sure about something."

They fell asleep in each other's arms. Soon, morning came, sunrays entering the room through the small window in the room. Jungkook woke up first and smiled to see the girl snuggled close to him, her back facing him. He leaned in and kissed her neck, making her squirm. She fluttered her eyes open and turned her head to see him smiling like a bunny. She turned over and laid her head on his chest. He kissed her head and pulled her closer.

"I can't believe this is happening." He said. Chaeyoung chuckled. "I can't either. I really thought you didn't like me." She said. "Why wouldn't I? You're perfect!" He said.

"I told you. I'm a bad luck." She replied.

"Again Chaeyoung... I told you you're not."

Chaeyoung sat up, followed by him. "Jungkook you can't deny the fact that a lot has happened to you since you met me." She said looking down. "What, are you talking about Chanyeol beating me up? How is it your fault? I told you, it's not because of you but because of his sickness." He said. "I know... But I can't help but feel guilty." She whispered.

Jungkook went closer to her, lifting her head. "You're nothing but pure good luck for me babe. For everyone. Don't blame yourself for something you can't control. Whatever odds we face, I promise to stay by your side, holding your hand, supporting you. We're a team. We'll solve every problem together." He said. Chaeyoung felt tears pricking her eyes again. She jumped on to his lap and hugged him tightly. "This is why I love you Jeon Jungkook." He hugged her tightly as if there's no tomorrow.

"You should get changed. I have a few stuff in mind for us to do." He said into her ears, in his husky voice. She pulled back and bit her lips. "What do you have planned?" She asked. Jungkook noticed the lip bite and smirked. "A lot of things." He said. "But for now, we have to go outside." He added. She pouted causing Jungkook to chuckle. "Can't we stay here?" She asked, leaning in and kissing his neck. His breathing hitched and shivers went down his back. This girl knows what she's doing.

"I would love to... But I have arranged us a brunch at the hilltop. I know you wouldn't want to miss that too." He said. Chaeyoung groaned and pulled back, getting up. "Fine... I'm going because of the food. Otherwise I wouldn't let you leave me like this." She said and went to the washroom. Jungkook laughed at her reaction. Silly girl. She has got him whipped for her.

~•~•~•~

Jungkook and Chaeyoung had a great time the entire day. After the brunch, they went on a short walk in the woods and he clicked amazing pictures of her. He loved to photograph her. They sat on the hilltop, talking and cuddling with each other.

"I don't want to return now. I love this place. Far from the city, no problems, just me and you." She said, as they sat close to each other admiring the view. Jungkook hummed in response as he pulled her closer. "I've always dreamt of living in a place like this honestly." She said. "Really? Tell me more about what you've dreamt about..." He said.

"If you really want to know... I want to have a cute house in a friendly and nice neighborhood. I want to have a small garden where I can spend my free times. I also want to travel a lot. Go to new places, try new things. I just want to have fun and be happy." She said. "I've had a hard time in my childhood. The present is nothing different. I'm tired of being the center of drama now." She sighed and rested her head on his chest.

"I'll try to make everything come true for you." Jungkook said, kissing her cheek. Chaeyoung smiled and locked her hands with his. "I don't deserve you Jeon Jungkook." She said. He shook her head. "It's me who doesn't deserve you Park Chaeyoung." He said, turning her head and kissing her passionately.

"What do you want Jungkook?" She asked, breaking the kiss. "Me?" He asked. She nodded. "You're always asking about me. Tell me about your wishes and your dreams." She said. Jungkook looked down and pressed his lips together.

"My father wants me to complete my graduation and join his company. So I think I'm probably going to do that." He said. Chaeyoung furrowed her eyebrows. "But that's what your father wants you to do. What do you want?" She asked. Jungkook looked at her. "D-do you really want to know?" He asked. "Of course. You know I do..." She answered.

"Well, my dreams are not different than yours honestly. I want to be a pilot. I want to go to new places and fly above the world." He said, looking at their clasped hands. Chaeyoung squeezed his hands lightly. "Why don't you do that then?" She asked. Jungkook let out a small laugh. "My father really believes that I'll choose his company. I don't have any problem in working there. But that's not the only thing I want to do with my life." He said.

Chaeyoung's face softened and she wrapped her arms around him. "I want you to fulfill your dreams." She said. Jungkook smiled and hugged her back. "It's okay Chaeng. I really have no problem in handling his company." He said. "But that's not what you want to do. I want you to have fun with me. You've also been through so much like me." She said. "I know but..." He was unable to finish the sentence.

"Jungkook... I know you really don't want to do it. It's okay. I understand your struggle. We'll figure it out." She said and hugged him tighter. Jungkook smiled and kissed her head. How lucky he was to have her with him.

"Shall we head back? It's getting darker." He said into her ears. Chaeyoung looked up at him and smiled adorably. "Yes! Can we take some groceries from the convenience store? I want to make you brownies!" She asked. Jungkook chuckled and agreed. They got up from their seats and headed back to their car.