Chapter 14

Chaeyoung and Jungkook drove back after spending quality time with each other. They've grown more fond of each other and they don't feel awkward or embarrassed around each other. It was such a surprise that Jungkook made friends with her so quickly. He usually never let anyone in. But with Chaeyoung, he felt different. Like, he wanted to let her in his life.

The drive back home was a quite one. Both of them were tired but weren't willing to leave the company of each other. Chaeyoung stopped in front of Jungkook's apartment. "It was fun today. Thank you for coming with me. It is so nice to finally meet someone who loves to go to Han River as much as I do." Chaeyoung said adorably. Jungkook smiled widely. "No. Thank you for giving me such a great time. It was really fun. I'm glad I went with you of all people." He said. She blushed slightly and giggled. She was glad that he enjoyed it as much as she did. Also, they got amazing pictures which is a bonus.

"Okay. I'll see you tomorrow then. Reach safely." Jungkook said. Chaeyoung nodded and told him goodbye. Jungkook saw her drive away and turn around the corner. He smiled to himself. What a great time he had. He can't wait to see her more and spend time with her more. It's like he can't get enough of her. Her smile, her excitement, her playfulness, her laugh. He loved everything.

Jungkook entered his building and went up to his floor. Just as he walked out of the elevator, he was shoved against the wall. A pair of furious eyes were staring hard at him. It took him a few seconds to realize who was it.

"Chanyeol??" He said. "We meet again." Chanyeol smirked. But it vanished in a second. "What did I tell you kid? Topper of our college but you can't seem to remember a single sentence. Why are you getting close to Chaeyoung?" He hissed near his face. Jungkook was so bewildered about what was happening. "What are you even doing here? It's a residential building!" He said. "Does it look like I care? I'm happy to beat up your face anywhere. Because you can't seem to obey my orders. I told you to stay away from what's mine. But you can't seem to be able to do that." He said.

Jungkook was losing it again. He was trying to remain calm since he doesn't want to cause any commotion. But Chanyeol was getting on his nerves. "What? Cat got your tongue? Answer me!" He growled. "She invited me to join her. And didn't I tell you that what we do is none of your business?" He snapped back. Chanyeol scoffed. Without wasting a second, he landed a punch on Jungkook's face, exactly where he punched last time. Jungkook was going to fall down but he balanced himself. Chanyeol was enjoying the show.

"You know, I feel like last time wasn't enough. I'll show you more this time." Saying that, he held him by his upper arm so that he can punch him again. But this time, as he raised his fist and brought him near his face, Jungkook caught it with his free hand. He looked sternly at him. Chanyeol was taken aback. "Don't you dare hit me again, you jerk. And I shouldn't stay away from her. In fact, you should take a step back." He said.

As he finished saying those words, he heard another voice. "J-Jungkook?" He turned his head to see a girl standing near the elevator with a black bag in her hands. That girl was none other than Park Chaeyoung.

~•~•~•~

Jungkook and Chanyeol were both frozen at the spot. The corner of Jungkook's lip was still bleeding a lot. He was still holding Chanyeol's raised fist. Chanyeol looked back at him and pulled his fist out of his grasp. "Hey babygirl. What are you doing here? Last time I checked, you didn't live here." He laughed. Chaeyoung just stared at him coldly. She knew exactly what happened. Any other story would be a lie.

She pushed him aside and walked over to Jungkook. She turned around and said, "It's none of your business. I came to see my very good friend Jungkook. I don't see a reason for you to be here." She noticed him glaring at Jungkook as she said those words. She didn't wait for his reply and intertwined her hands with Jungkook, pulling him to his room leaving Chanyeol alone in the hallway. Jungkook just followed her lead. After they left, Chanyeol let out an annoyed groan and pulled his hair. "I'm gonna get you for that Jeon Jungkook. You just wait and watch."

Inside Jungkook's apartment, Chaeyoung had made him sit on the couch and was applying the same ointment that she had applied earlier. It was the same scene all over again. She hadn't spoke a word to him the entire time. It made him nervous, making him think that maybe she suspected him behind the entire scene.

"There. It'll heal soon." Chaeyoung said with a blank expression. "I just came back to return your camera bag. You left it in my car. I checked everything. Nothing is missing." She turned around to leave. But a hand grasped her wrist. She turned around to see him looking up at her. "You don't think that I caused everything that happened outside right?" He asked. Chaeyoung stared at him in surprise. "No! Of course not! How can you even ask that?" She said. Jungkook felt a little relived hearing that. "It is all because of me!" She added.

Jungkook looked at her with confusion. "What?" He asked. Chaeyoung's eyes filled with tears. "It's all because of me. I always cause trouble! Wherever I go, whatever I do. It's not enough. Everything is because of me! You got hurt twice because of me! That wound is because of me!" She blurted out. Jungkook just couldn't believe what he was hearing. It hurt his heart to see her break like that. He pulled her into a tight hug. He held her and stroke her hair, trying to comfort her. "No... Please don't say that. It's not your fault. Don't think it's your fault. Because it's not. Please stop crying." He said.

She looked up at him, still tears in her eyes. "But it is... He wouldn't hurt you if I didn't go out with you or be near you. Maybe I should stay away from you." Those words hurt Jungkook the most. He most definitely did not want to stay away from her anymore. "No. You're not staying away from me. If anyone is staying away, then it should be him from you. You can do whatever you want. You don't have to be scared of him. Please don't stay away from me." Jungkook said while cupping her cheeks and wiping the tears with his thumbs.

"He would keep hurting you."

"I don't care. After so many years I found someone I can be myself without feeling like being judged. I won't let anyone ruin this."

She smiled slightly hearing the words. She hugged him tightly. She could hear his heartbeat. She nuzzled her head in his chest, enjoying his warmth. Jungkook wrapped her in his arms and held the back of her head.

That night. They both knew that they needed each other. They didn't know if they were meant to be friends or more than that. The important point was, they both needed each other in their lives. No matter what.