Chapter 6

Chaeyoung was freshening up in her room after coming back from work. She has yet to tell Lisa about her new tutor since she leaves for her work right after college. Lisa also leaves for her job right after college so they meet up in their apartment after both of their shifts end. Lisa works as a cashier in the local grocery store while Chaeyoung works as a waitress in the coffee shop.

Chaeyoung heard the front door open and a familiar voice saying, "I'm home!" Chaeyoung fixed her hair and went to the living area. "Lisa! How was work? Any rude customers today?"

"Ugh. This one lady wouldn't move because she was asking for her voucher redeem which was clearly expired. I don't understand. Don't people read the dates anymore?" Lisa complained as she lightly threw her shoes and socks on the ground.

"Oh no. There's always that customer." Chaeyoung replied, scrunching her nose.

"Yeah. By the way, did Chanyeol visit the cafe again today?" Lisa inquired.

"Yes. As I was cleaning up the tables. He had two terrified guys who he commanded to clean the tables for me. Maybe he again threatened them."

"I know right. Poor guy. He's head over heels for you." Lisa teased.

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes and groaned. Then she remembered.

"Oh. By the way, you don't have to help me with mathematics anymore."

Lisa looked at her with raised eyebrows. "Why?"

"Ms. Yang fixed me up with a tutor."

Lisa's eyes were wide now. "Tutor? Who the hell is this person?"

"You really want to know?" Chaeyoung grinned, knowing that curiosity kills Lisa.

"Yah! Quit stalling already. Tell me!" Lisa said.

"Okay, okay! It's Jeon Jungkook."

"What?? The topper?? As your own personal tutor??" Lisa exclaimed, grabbing Chaeyoung's shoulders.

"Yah! You're holding too tight!" Chaeyoung groaned.

"You're telling me now?? You should have told me earlier!! Oh my gosh!"

"Yah! Why are you so excited? We don't even know him." Chaeyoung looked at her with confusion.

Lisa stared at her with disbelief. "Oh Chaeyoung-ah. Nevermind. What time are you leaving?"

"Um in about 15 minutes. His house. I thought you wouldn't want to get disturbed." Chaeyoung said.

"Yes. Perfect. You look good. Did you freshen up properly? Did you brush and took a shower?" Lisa started asking multiple questions.

"Um yeah but I do that everyday anyways. What is up with you?" Chaeyoung lightly knocked on her forehead.

"Oh. Nothing. Nothing at all. Just checking. Anyways, I'm going to rest. It's been an exhausting day. You should leave anyways. And yeah, have fun." She winked at her and went to her room.

Chaeyoung just stared at her with pure confusion. 'Why is she acting so strangely?' she thought. She shrugged and looked at her watch. Guess it's time to leave. Since, he lives nearby, she didn't bother to take the car. She can walk the way. It'll be nice.

"I'm leaving Lisa!"

"Okay!" She heard from the other room.

~•~•~•~

"Maybe he should wear something else. Yah! Why do you have so many white clothes?" Taehyung shouted from the closet.

Jungkook was sitting on the bed, his chin on his knuckles. "Why are you guys doing this? I'm her tutor. Not her date." Jungkook finally said.

"Yah! Keep quite and let us do this. It's the first time you're going to talk to someone else other than us for two hours." Jimin said.

"You guys. I can handle thi-"

"Wait! Give us a second. You really have so many white clothes. Colors don't hurt you know." Taehyung said.

"I can't believe you actually agreed. How did that even happen?" Jimin stated.

Jungkook stared at him. To be honest, he doesn't know how he agreed. He usually declines such offers. He never wants to socialize. But, seeing Chaeyoung having a hard time didn't sit straight with him. It's not like he was forced. He genuinely wanted to help. This was a new feeling for him. He never felt this way for someone. This has been confusing him from the moment he said yes.

"I know right. Jungkook is finally coming out of his shell. Thanks to Chaeyoung." Taehyung said while he picked out a black shirt and denims.

Jungkook slightly blushed hearing him. 'Is it true?' he thought to himself.

"Here. Wear this. That's the best thing I could find. You look great in black." Taehyung said. Jungkook sighed and took the clothes from him. He still does not understand why they're doing this. He went to the washroom and changed. When he came back outside, Taehyung and Jimin smiled. "You look good! She'll be impressed." Taehyung said.

"I still don't understand why we're doing this?" Jungkook asked confused.

"It's Park Chaeyoung. You should put a good impression on her. She's like the most popular girl in our college."

Jungkook didn't know how to answer to that. He just kept looking at them. He checked his watch to see the time.

"She must be on her way." He said.

"Yes. She must be. We should leave." Jimin said. Taehyung nodded. "Have fun, Jungkook-ah!" He said, winking at him.

"Oh, can we borrow your car? We need to run some errands and mine is at the mechanics." Jimin said.

"We'll pick you up tomorrow. I promise to be on time." Tae said.

Jungkook nodded and handed them the keys. He let them out and took a deep breath.

To be completely honest, he was really nervous. He wasn't sure if it was his anxiety or something else. He needed to let off some steam. He went to his room and stood in front of his punching bag. He glared at it and starting throwing punches at it. He kept punching it till good ten minutes. He finally stopped, his breathing heavy and sweat dripping on his face. He felt better. 'Calm down. You're just her tutor. There's no need to be anxious.' He kept saying to himself.

He heard his doorbell ring. He went to open it. When he opened the door, he saw a tiny figure looking up at him.

"Hey!" Chaeyoung brightly said, flashing her beautiful smile at him.