Chapter 26

Jungkook and Chaeyoung were sitting in his car, in the parking lot of the campus. Chaeyoung could notice a few students pointing and whispering within each other, probably waiting for the confirmation of the pictorial evidence. She noticed Jungkook was a little nervous. He isn't used to such type of attention. He gripped the wheel tighter, thinking a hundred times before opening the door. She felt sorry for him. If she wasn't the most known and wanted girl in the college, they could've just been a normal couple. But she had many admirers as well as enemies. Therefore, making it difficult for both of them to deal with the attention.

She put her hand in his shoulder causing him to break his thoughts and look at her. She gave him her most comforting smile which relaxed him a little. He just stared at her eyes which gave him the relaxation he always looks for. He opened the door and got out of the car, going up to the passenger's side and opening the door for Chaeyoung to come out. She held his arms as she got out of the car and looked at the passing students staring at them and aggressively whispering to each other. They weren't doing a great job at being subtle...

"Oh my god. I can't believe she's with him. Like... What even?"

"I know right. She has every guy fallen for her but she chose that nerd?"

"Not going to lie, he's kinda cute though."

"Yeah but not as cute as Chanyeol. That guy has confessed so many times to her but all she did was reject him and break his heart."

"Ugh I know. If I was her I would agree without him even completing his confession!"

"How can you reject Chanyeol and accept this nerd? Who is practically invisible in this college except when it's exam time?"

"She has no taste in men hahaha."

The last comment made her blood boil. What does she mean? As she turned to reply to the comment, Jungkook pulled her inside the building.

"Jungkook..." She said. "No need to waste your time fighting everyone. I knew I would hear comments like this if we ever made our relationship public. I already prepared myself mentally to ignore these dumb people. And you should too." He said, as they entered the building. "But Jungkook they were bad mouthing you! They shouldn't judge you like that! They don't know you!" She blurted. "I know. But I can't change that can I? That's what people do with me Chaeyoung. I'm used to it. As long as you know the truth, I don't care what people think about me." He said with a blank expression.

She saw the hint of sadness in his eyes. All the years he went through without anyone to comfort him, he must've developed such a strong barrier when it came to speaking up or opening up to people. If only they knew the real Jungkook... The funny and charming guy hidden behind his introverted and hard exterior.

"Jungkook... I'm so sorry for all this." She said. Jungkook frowned at her. "Again Chaeyoung? I told you not to blame yourself for whatever is happening to me... I'm fine." He said and hugged her. "Please smile for me now." He cutely said while looking at her. Chaeyoung can't resist his cuteness anytime. She smiled instantly, causing him to smile as well.

"Now go! You're getting late for your class..." He said. Chaeyoung checked her watch. "Oh my god. It must be starting now. I'll see you later babe. Love you." She said as she ran to her class. "Love you too." Jungkook whispered to himself, watching her leave. He smiled to himself. He really was lucky...

~•~•~•~

It was lunchtime. Jimin, Taehyung and Jungkook walked past the staring people and sat down in their table. "This is so awkward. Do they have to stare?" Jimin asked as he played with his food. "I know. I don't like this." Taehyung said. Jungkook kept looking down. His friends have to go through this because of him. He can't even hang out with them without turning everyone's attention to them.

"After that picture went viral, you became quite famous Jungkook." Jimin said causing Jungkook to lift his head up. "Huh?" He asked, innocently. "I don't even understand who did this. I mean, I have a lot of guesses though. But still. This is really unacceptable in my opinion." Taehyung said. "I know but we can't ignore the fact that Chaeyoung is the most popular student here. Everyone wants her, in one way or other. Jungkook..." Jimin continued, facing him. Jungkook was already looking at him, waiting for him to continue. "You have to be careful buddy. You never know what kind of people these guys are. You can seriously get into trouble." Jimin finished.

Jungkook raised an eyebrow. "So what are you saying? Should I stay away from Chaeyoung?" He asked. "I didn't say that." Jimin said. "He's saying just to be careful and not get yourself or Chaeyoung into any kind of danger. You know how it can be right? You've dealt with Chanyeol. Who knows how many more of him are in this damned building?" Taehyung explained, putting his hand on Jungkook's shoulder, trying to calm him down. Jungkook sighed. He was right. They both were. "I'm sorry. I understand what you're saying." He said, sinking back to his seat.

"We know you're not used to this type of attention Kook. But if you want to stay with her, you have to deal with it. For her." Jimin said glancing between Tae and Jungkook. "He's right. I know it's going to be hard for you but try and not to get anxious." Tae said.

Jungkook nodded. He knew this was going to happen but it has still difficult for him to get used to the stares and whispers. He hoped this dies down soon.

As he was lost in his thoughts, someone smacked their table, causing the three of them to jump in surprise. Jungkook annoyingly looked at the person but froze to see the threateningly angry face of Chanyeol. He looked angrier and scarier than ever which made Jungkook's heart race a little faster. "Outside. Now." He growled at him and left first. Jungkook looked at Jimin and Taehyung who were equally shock as the few other close spectators.

"Jungkook... Do you want us to come with you?" Jimin asked. He shook his head and looked down. "No. This is my battle." He said. "Jungkook this isn't a joke. What if he seriously hurts you?" Tae asked, concerned for his friend. "I'll deal with it. For Chaeyoung." He said and headed outside to deal with whatever Chanyeol is going to do to him.