19. The L-Word

We spent the next two weeks getting adjusted with Avery. We gave her the sheets to practice with on her own and we also spent time going through songs with her. Avery had a lot of good insight with music and soon, I noticed that she was an excellent addition to our band. Every minute of the day was spent practicing and rehearsing and I had been so busy that I’d forgotten about Harry. That weekend, Caleb, Ian. Cam, Avery and I had decided to go out to Ian’s beach house to get away from the city life for a little bit. Cameron had rung up Verlyssa and decided he was going to fly her over. We were super famous so we weren’t rich, but that’s how much Cam cared about his girl. It was really sweet. The long distance thing worked out for them pretty well.

We were all packed and ready to go, however, Ian was driving this time. His parents had recently bought him a shiny black Mercedes-Benz SUV. It was beautiful and comfortable enough that everyone fit in the car perfectly fine. I sat in the front with Ian while Caleb and Avery were in the middle. That left Cameron in the back with Verlyssa. They had been inseparable ever since she arrived in Los Angeles. The drive to the beach house only took an hour or so and soon, we were piling out of the car and running to the house.

“My room is the one upstairs with the green wallpaper!” yelled Ian. “No one is taking that room!”

Avery and I were the first to reach the house with Caleb and few yards behind. Ian had parked the car and was running after us now. Cam and Lyssa were struggling to get out of the car still. Avery and I charged in and ran for a room upstairs. We both tumbled into what must have been the biggest room. It had two queen sized beds and was furnished for two people. I looked at her.

“Wanna share?” I asked.

She nodded. “Yeah, sure. Why not?”

Avery quickly ran to the stairs and hollered down, “Kiers and I called dibs on the room with two queen-sized beds!!!”

Cam and Verlyssa came running up, Ian following right behind me. Ian snickered. “There’s a room with a king sized bed over there,” he said, pointing down the hall and wagging his eyebrows at Cam and Lyssa. They just laughed and I felt a slight pang of jealously. I just remembered that I had a boyfriend too, or I was supposed to anyways…

“Where’s Caleb?” I asked the others.

“He’s downstairs, someone called his cell.”

I walked down to find Caleb chatting animatedly on his cell phone. “We should have space for you here, the place is huge! Okay, well see you guys in a couple of hours.” He snapped his phone shut.

“Who was that?”

“One Direction, the boys are coming to visit us!” Caleb said excitedly.

“All of them?”

“Yes.”

It had almost been a month since I had last seen the boys and I actually missed them quite a lot, especially Harry, who I haven’t really spoken to. I hoped it wouldn’t be weird when we’re reunited. Eventually, everyone finished picking their rooms and we decided to hang around the house and wait for the boys to arrive. Apparently they were already in LA.

“Oh wow, I’ve never met anyone famous before!” gushed Avery.

She had turned out to be a very interesting person. Appearance wise, she was absolutely drop dead gorgeous and her musical talent was phenomenal. The girl had perfect timing and her singing was perfectly pitched. We decided it would be good to have her as a backup singer as well as drummer. Personality wise, Avery was a mixture. Sometimes, she put on a tough, bad girl attitude, but other times, she was slightly ditzy and blonde. Right now, she was overwhelmed with the fact that she was about to meet a world famous boy band.