22. PS. I Loved You

He saw me crying and moved towards me.

“What’s wrong?” There was concern in his features but I couldn’t tell if it was real or fake.

“You can drop the act Harry and stop pretending like you care about me,” I spat.

A look of confusion crossed his face before it dawned on him.

“You heard my phone conversation,” he stated.

“I did,” I snarled. “We’re over Harry, done. I’m done being your play thing. Did you even mean anything you ever said to me? Or was it all an act.”

He didn’t say anything and I felt my heart break.

“Goodbye Harry, I don’t want to see you again.”

I ran from the room and ran downstairs, tears flowing freely. Ian jumped up immediately and wrapped an arm around me.

“Are you okay?”

“I want to leave. Now. You were right, Ian, you were right,” I blubbered. He quickly pulled out his car keys and pulled me out to the car, Avery following us. Ian hopped into the driver’s seat while Avery crawled into the back with me.

“We’re not going to let you be alone,” she murmured soothingly.

I laid my head down in her lap and cried myself to sleep.

When I woke up, I was being carried into my house. I felt Ian’s strong arms around me and I shifted my weight.

“Don’t move if you don’t want me to drop you,” he muttered.

So much for me saying that he had strong arms.

He carried me to the couch and I rolled up into a ball.

“Ave, make her some tea?”

I heard some scurrying which must have been Avery hurrying off to the kitchen to make me a cup of tea. Ian really did know me best. Tea was the most soothing beverage.

“Do you want to talk?”

“He lied to me and he played me.”

“I’m sorry.” Ian hugged me close and it felt good to be with someone who actually cared, who wasn’t using me for his own image.

Avery came back with my tea and she sat down on the other side of me, hugging me too.

“You guys are the best,” I mumbled.

“I’ll always be here for you,” Ian said fiercely. “Harry is going to pay for what he did.”

“What did he do?” Avery questioned.

I took a deep breath before speaking. “I overheard him arguing with someone on the phone. He mentioned my name so I decided to continue listening. Basically, I think Management was scolding him about his image and the reputation he was giving to the band, always being infatuated with older women. So when they were told that we would be one of the opening acts for the tour, they wanted Harry to hook up with me. They figured it would be good for his image since we were around the same age and the fact that I was supposed to be a sweetheart.”

“You are a sweetheart,” Ian interrupted.

I gave him a weak smile before continuing. “He was using me this whole time for his image and I just feel so used and betrayed and heartbroken.”

Avery had a look of horror on his face. “I can’t believe he would do that to you.”

“I still can’t believe it,” I said.

“Don’t worry, we aren’t going to let him hurt you anymore. I heard from Cameron that the others are pretty furious with him,” Ian said.

“It’s good to know that you all care about me.”

“Of course we do! We’re practically family.”

That night, Ian and Avery kept me company. They bought tubs of ice cream and we pigged out while watching movies in the living room. Avery and I made fun of Ian for doing girly things with us, but I was secretly grateful he was here. My heart had been completely shattered by Harry but I didn’t want to think about that now. But I couldn’t help but think of all the stuff Harry said to me or made me feel. He made me feel so special and then he ripped my heart out of my chest. I had really loved him and it hurt me to think that he was just using me for his own needs.

A/N - This is a super, super short chapter. The story is almost at it's end :)