Chapter 12

Ben's P.O.V

"I got it." I said, taking the phone. I took a deep breath, fighting back tears when I heard Matt's voice on the other end.

"Hey, sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. Been busy doing shit in the studio. What's up?" He asked.

I swallowed back the tears, my eyes falling to the wedding band I still wore proudly on my finger. "Matt, I've got something to tell you, and I'm not quite sure how to do it." I started.

"Okay, Ben you're starting to scare me. What's going on?" He asked.

Taking a shaky breath I figured the best way to tell him was just to tell him. And I knew I'd better do it now before I lost my nerve.

"Matt, there was a fire..." I began "We lost everything..."

"Oh damn. I'm so fucking sorry. Is everyone okay?" He asked.

By now, tears were streaming down my face, "We lost Danny and Cameron...." I said softly.

Matt went silent on the other end.

"Matt?" I said "Matt? Are you okay?" I asked.

No answer.

I looked at James, and Jake who were now both by my side. "He's not saying anything now." I told them.

"Matt? It's Jake. Do you want me to come get you? We're all over here at James' house." He asked softly.

A few more moments passed and we heard a sniffle on the other end. My heart was breaking. I knew how close Matt was to everyone. Like BVB, Matt had become a part of our family.

"Yeah..." He said simply.

Jake nodded, handing me the phone as he headed for the door.

"Jake's on his way." I said, wiping the tears from my eyes. "We love you, Matt." I reminded him.

"I love you too..." He said.

I hung up once I heard Jake's voice on the other end, and James wrapped his arms around me. I sighed and buried my head in the curve of the drummer's neck, trying my best to regain some composure.

"You okay?" James asked.

I shook my head "Not really. I'm just glad that's over." I admitted.

James nodded "honestly, I'm glad you did that. I don't think I could have." He admitted softly.

I sighed and finally let go my hold on James.

I didn't know what I was doing. Didn't know if I was coming or going. Danny was my entire world and he had been that way for as long as I can remember.

I don't remember a time in my life when I wasn't in love with him. Danny said it was because we were destined to be together.

Maybe we were.

All I knew for sure was it was always Danny. No matter who I happened to be seeing at the time, it always came back to him.

We got each other through some really hard times in life. Times where neither of us should have made it. We were one another's strength and it had been that way since the beginning.

Now, how I was supposed to do this alone?

I sighed once more, walking toward the living room. I took a seat on the couch, on the other side of Andy. "You okay?" I asked softly.

Andy shook his head, tears streaming down his cheeks. "I'm selfish. Here you are, Danny was your husband. And instead of me checking on you, being here for you you're checking on me." He said, shaking his head as he lowered his eyes.

"Don't talk like that." I started "Danny was also one of your best friends. I knew this was gong to hit you hard. Hell, I'm sorry I'm just now getting a chance to check on you."

Andy sighed, resting his head against my shoulder.

I rested mine gently on top of his, taking in a deep breath. I wasn't going to cry. Not now. That would be done when everyone else was asleep.

"How's Sam?" Ashley asked, giving Andy's hand a light squeeze.

I shook my head "he's not good. He's still in there talking like Cameron is still here. I'm so worried about him." I admitted.

If I'd been paying more attention I would have realized Matt had just walked in....

Matt and Andy used to be together. Andy ended up cheating on Matt with Ashley. The two haven't spoke since they ended things.

I don't think Matt ever got over him.

I heard someone clear their throat. I looked up to see Matt standing in the doorway.

"I'll be back guys." I said, patting Andy's leg as I hurried over to Matt.

"Guess I should have known they'd be here." Matt started, biting nervously at his lower lip.

"It'll be okay. Just stay with me. Okay?" I said, wrapping him in a tight hug. "Just stay with me."