Chapter 22

Sam's P.O.V

I'll never forget the day Cameron and I got together. We'd just got off stage, and were backstage trying to cool off and relax before we headed outside to meet some fans.

((Flashback))
Ben and Danny were making out, as always and James was trying to see how many beers he could drink in 15 minutes.

I saw Cameron sitting by himself on the other couch so I walked toward him and dramatically tossed myself on his lap.

One thing led to another and before I knew it, Cameron was kissing me. I didn't stop it. I'd been wanting this for so long. And it was finally happening.

I couldn't believe it. I didn't want it to end. When he finally pulled away he looked down at me and smiled.

"Sorry," He started "I've wanted to do that for awhile now."

"So what stopped you?" I asked.

"I always figured it wasn't a good idea to be romantically involved with a band mate. What would happen if you broke up? It would make things super awkward. But, then I look at Ben and Danny and see how happy they are. I figure if they can do it, so can we." He said.

I smiled and nodded my head slowly. "I get that." I started. "But, if we didn't at least give it a try, who knows what we might be missing out on." I pointed out.

Cameron nodded and smiled, running his fingers through my hair. "You are so ridiculously attractive, Sam. Would you be mine?" He asked.

I couldn't contain the smile that was plastered across my face. He was so gorgeous, and this is what I'd wanted for as long as I can remember.

"Yes." I said, pressing my lips to his.

I hadn't known we had an audience, but as soon as our lips touched again, Danny and Ben could be heard clapping and yelling "it's about damn time!"

I laughed and shook my head, "they're such losers." I joked.

Cameron nodded and kissed my lips a few times, "they really are." He said simply.

For the first time since I could remember I was happy. Truly happy. And it was because of this wonderful man I had found now.

Cameron and I held each other all night until we fell asleep wrapped in each other's arms.

It was honestly the best nights sleep I'd ever got in my entire life.

Life with him was incredible. He made me feel like I was the only person in the world.

We talked about marriage that night. We knew it was crazy. We'd only just got together. But, we'd known each other for so many years. All I knew was I liked the person I was when I was with him.

I couldn't picture myself with anyone but him.

——end flashback—-

Now, here I am. Alone in this hospital room. Okay, I'm not really alone, but he's not here.

He should be here. He needs to be here. I don't know how to live or go on without him here next to me.

Why couldn't I remember? James and Ben have been so patient and caring to me. I know this has to be frustrating.

I looked beside me and smiled when I realized they were both asleep.

I let my own eyes fall closed, hoping sleep would soon take me. At least then I wouldn't need to worry about remembering anything.

'I need you Cameron' I thought as my eyes grew heavy, sleep dragging me further and further in.