XXI

"Jandi."

"Jandi."

A snapping hand in front of my face ripped me out of my thoughts.

"Hm?", I mumbled, still not moving my eyes from the spot I've been staring at.

Jungkook looked at me with a tilted head and started poking in the takeaway meal I brought home with me earlier.

"I thought about moving out."

His voice was calm and the smile in his face was gone.

I finally moved my eyes to look at him. His hair was scruffed and he looked tired. The swelling in his face was still clearly visible.

"Why?", I asked, already knowing the answer. I was sure Jungkook wouldn't tell me the real reason but I asked anyway.

"I don't know. I think it's time for me to grow up and live alone, you know. And I think we both-"

"I think I love you."

Jungkook and I stared at each other's eyes in shock. I felt my heart pounding harder than it ever did before.

"W-What?", Jungkook said as quietly as possible.

I was still in shock over my words, not knowing what to do and say next. Unsure about if I should tell him that I didn't mean it, I walked over to him slowly, reaching out for his hands. As our fingers touched, the world around us didn't matter at all anymore. I didn't know what I felt but I knew I couldn't lose my best friend. I looked up into Jungkook's big eyes gazing at me in disbelief.

"I love you too, Jandi.", he said, raising his hand slowly to caress my cheek. "I always did."

The emotions overwhelmed me, as I looked down, I felt a tear streaming down my face. Jungkook wrapped his arms around me, holding me tightly. I knew I wasn't honest about my feelings and that I just made the biggest mistake of my life. But it was too late now, and I couldn't hurt Jungkook. I started crying heavily into his chest, digging my hands into his back.

"I don't want to l-lose y-you.", I sobbed.