(16) My dead boyfriend's brothers

My dead boyfriend's brothers.

Chapter 16

Ryan left and came back with a shirt a few minutes later.

"Thank you" I say slipping it over my head. It was a plane white t shirt and way too big for me but it covered my body and I was thankful for that.

"Are you ok?" Ryan asks taking my hand and squeezing it. I wanted to pull my hand out of his and tell him never to touch me again but now was not the time or place so I let him hold my hand but I took a step back wanting as much space between the two of us as possible.

"No I'm not" I answer honestly and I see him moving towards me to give me a hug.

"I need to be alone right now" I tell him before he can hug me. He looks hurt but shakes his head as if he understands.

"Thanks" I say before turning away from him and walking down the hallway.

I had no idea where I was going so when I reach some stairs I turned around and headed back. Ryan was gone by the time I got back to the room Ethan was in and I was thankful for that. I will have to tell him that I don't want to be with him, I'm sure it's going to hurt him but he has to know the truth. I think he is going to be really pissed when he finds out that I chose to be with Ethan instead of him but that's his problem, I have enough to deal with at the moment.

The doctor came out of the room and I ran to him.

"How is he doing? Is he going to be ok?" I question as I come to a stop in front of him.

"He'll be ok. Where are his parents?" The doctor asks looking worried.

"Their away on business but his older brother is around here somewhere" I lie, I don't want the doctor to know what is really going on with his parents. I'm not sure if the doctor believed me but he doesn't say anything else.

"Can I see him?" I question not really caring what the doctor thinks, the only thing I care about at this moment is seeing Ethan.

"As soon as the nurses come out you can go in" He says and then leaves me standing there.

It took another few minutes before the nurses left his room and I rushed in before anybody could stop me. He was lying on a bed looking peaceful and happy but I knew he wasn't. I walked over to him and sat down on a chair next to his bed. I took his hand in mine and squeezed it gently. His other arm was covered in bandages and he had a drip in the one I was holding.

"That was a really stupid thing to do, you nearly scared me to death" I tell him not sure if he can even hear me but feeling the need to talk to him.

"And you better promise never to do it again" I continue. I felt Ethan's hand move in mine and then his eyes fluttered open and focused on me.

"I promise" He whispers softly. I feel my heart skip a beat at the sound of his voice and I am so happy that he is really ok that I start crying again.

"I'm going to keep you to that promise" I tell him through the sobs.

"Good, because I'm going to need your help" He replies looking at me with an expression of pure need on his face.

"I'll do anything you need me to" I say moving so that I'm sitting on the bed with him.

"Well a hug would be really nice" Ethan says as the corner of his mouth turned up into a weak smile. He didn't have to ask me twice. I placed my arms around him being careful not to hurt him and held him as tight as possible. I never want to let go.