Chapter 5

Melody at the top.

Melody

My confused eyes stared at his back as he walked away without a glance my way. I wanted to run after him or yell for him to stop but I stood frozen on my spot. My mind got jumbled from thoughts about him. Just meeting him for the first time all seemed like a dream but I knew it was real, that he was real.

"Who's that?", Aiden asked, coming to my side.

"No idea", I said softly, my eyes never leaving his back.

Somehow, when I first saw him, I felt a connection I never felt before. It was so strong that I couldn't even pull away when he leaned in. His chocolate brown eyes glistened with something unknown to me, it left my body tingling, wanting more of him.

I breathed in, calming my nerves. My legs wanted to run after him and my lips wanted to kiss him senseless but I needed to snap out of it before I did any of those crazy things. Stalking to the bar, I ordered something strong and the guy gave me something in a cup.

Not thinking twice, I took a swig of it and instantly the thoughts vanished leaving me relaxed. Letting out a huge exhale, I slumped in the chair, and leaned my head on the table. My eyes closed as the drowsiness crawled its way onto my body.

"Hello gorgeous", Someone tucked my hair behind my ear.

My head snapped upright and I scowled at the man. He was at least thirty with slightly greying hair and his grin made a bile rise in my throat. Scooting my chair away from him, I continued to ignore him and prayed he would leave.

"Want to get out of here, I'll make your night worth it", He gave me a creepy smile.

Coming here was a bad idea and I had no idea where Emma was, I gulped when the man began to stand up slowly obviously taking his time and making me anxious about his next move. If he tried anything inappropriate, I didn't know what I would do.

"Leave me alone", My voice came out weak.

The man clearly didn't pay attention to a word I said as he took a hold of my arm and gave me a glare that told me to shut up. Something flashed in his hands and I looked down to see what it is. My eyes widened in fear as I saw a knife.

Never once in my life encountered something like this, it was all too overwhelming and when he held the knife closer to my face. My red colored cheeks paled and my breath shortened. He held a finger to his lips and shushed me.

"No", I protested when he pulled me towards the door.

I learned how to fight when I was little, but those skills weren't useful now because my fear took over me and I knew I was doomed as he began to open the door. The guards nodded at the man and didn't even acknowledge me.

Don't be afraid.

Those three words my father said everyday I was afraid ran through my mind and I took a deep breath before closing my eyes and re-opening them. I had to get out of this situation one way or another. My hands came out to jab his stomach which clearly caught him off guard and I flipped him around.

"You shouldn't mess with a girl", I whispered threateningly before taking the knife out of his hands.

"You bitch", He screamed and tried to punch me.

Maneuvering out of his way, I twisted his hands and he grimaced in pain as it made a disgusting crunching sound. My heel jabbed his foot as he yelled out, screaming curses at me which gave me the courage to jab his other foot.

"Just a little tip, you should come up with better curse words", I gave him a little grin before throwing him on the ground.

Winking his way, I strolled back to the club and took my original seat. Now that was clearly my luck because I got out of it with a little fighting. My father's words began to make sense. He would always say to watch for guys who are either asking for your number or asking to take you home.

I saw Emma walking up to me and I put on my best smile giving nothing away. I didn't want her to worry about me anymore, she had enough in her plate as it is. She took a seat next to me and ordered the guy for a beer.

"You okay?", She gave me a concerned look.

"Of course", I answered and looked away from her.

My eyes surveyed the whole club, but I couldn't see the guy anywhere. Inhaling deeply, my shoulders slumped in disappointment and I closed my eyes getting rid of the dirty thoughts that seemed to grip me. Although what happened earlier got me shaking up, my mind kept thinking about those beautiful chocolate brown eyes. 

—————————————————————————

Isn't Melody a badass tho? I just love her personality lol. Omggg school is starting in just a day and I am kind of excited to be a junior but also disappointed because I won't get to update as much. I am so sorry for the inconvenience, but I promise to update as much as possible in my free time.

Please vote and comment 💕💕.