Chapter 30

I want to dedicate this chapter to memey6  and ribantidkhar for giving me their support endlessly.

Hunter

Her beautiful brunette hair cascaded around the pillow as she slept peacefully facing me. Her lips were parted slightly and her chest rose and fell with every breath she took. Everyday, she managed to take my breath away and she didn't even know what kind of power she had over me. She was beautiful in every way, inside and out. She was such a strong person that it made me fall for her even more.

To this day, her past still haunts her, but she doesn't let it affect her. Instead she stands with her head held high and faces the world straight on. Her ambitious personality inspires the people around her and every time she gives me that smile of hers, my heart beats a little bit faster. She has lost many people in her life, but she doesn't let that effect her, instead she loves stronger than she has ever before.

Before her, I was lost in this world, I only thought the mafia was my real family, but now I realize that my real home is with Melody. She brought this sudden light with her and made me see the world differently. Life brings you down but you just got to learn to pick yourself up.

I could see a future with her, where we would get Nicholas back, get married, wake up to see each other, raise our children and grow old together. We would teach our kids to self love and self respect because that's one of the main things people should do in this life.

"What are you thinking so hard about?", Her voice came out sleepy as she fluttered her eyes open.

Tucking a strand of hair behind her ear, I gave her a reassuring smile and leaned in to kiss her forehead. With the time I spent with her, I realized, she loved forehead kisses, so everyday I try to fulfill her dreams one by one. She deserves the world and if I could, I would give her my heart in the palm of her hands, but she already knows she has it, she's had it ever since our eyes connected in that club.

"Our future", Mumbling, my eyes connected with hers.

Her blush made me grin and she groaned hiding her face in the crook of my neck. Laying a kiss on her temple, I pulled her chin towards me and claimed her lips with mine. Instantly, she responded back with much as vigor and her hands tightened around my waist. Pulling away, she gasped for breath as I gazed at her flushed form.

"So tell me, what do you want in our future?", She rose her brows in question as her breathing calmed a little.

Focusing my attention intently on her, I told her the whole truth. "Well, first and foremost, we would get Nichols back no matter what the cost is, after that, I would propose to you, we would have a beautiful wedding, have children, raise them and grow old together".

Her eyes moistened with tears and I wiped them away before they could fall. "I hate seeing you cry, Mia Bella".

Chuckling she shook her head. "Their happy tears, don't worry".

"Happy tears or not, I can't bear to see you cry, so, please always smile", I pecked the tip of her nose.

Nodding her head, she gave me a reassuring smile and nuzzled her face into the crook of my neck. My arms circled around her curvy waist and I pulled her closer to me. Sighing in contentment, my eyes closed as an instant peace and comfort washed through my whole being. With her, I could always feel at peace.

A phone ringing made Melody jump and I drew myself away from her as I looked at the drawer with my brows furrowed. Not knowing where the sound was coming from, I looked at her and my jaws clenched tightly when I saw her fearful eyes. Closing my eyes to calm myself, I softly stroke her cheeks.

"I got it", Standing up from the ground, I stood up.

But her hand caught mine, looking between me and the drawer, she took a deep breath and shook her head meekly. Her other hand reached for the lid, pulling it open, she got the phone out and stared at the screen in disdain.

"Here, let me answer", I waited for her to give me the phone.

"N-no I got it, it might be Nicholas", Exhaling, she pressed the green button and put the phone on speaker.

"Hello baby", My fists clenched as he uttered those ugly words.

Grasping my hands, she made me sit down and curled up to my side, seeking my warmth. Gladly giving it to her, I wrapped my arms around her and softly rubbed her back assuringly. The other line went quite for a moment, until there was a loud noise coming from the background.

"Mommy, when are you coming back?", My eyes widened, when I heard Nicholas' voice.

"S-soon", Melody closed her eyes and her lips trembled slightly.

"Son, give me the phone", The jerkass demanded and the line went quite again, until he spoke up.

"Come to the warehouse at 406 street, or else your son is dead, oh and come alone". The line silenced as he hung up without saying anything more.

——————————————————————————-

Ugh, I just hate Axel, he's an ass. What do you guys think of him?

Please don't forget to vote and comment 💕.