Chapter 20

Melody

Staring into my eyes, he nodded his head and fully faced me. At this point, my mind was racing with thoughts of how he would react when he heard my full story. He could either leave or stay with me. Gulping the lump in my throat, I cleared my throat and focused my attention onto the tiled floors. To be honest, I didn't know where to start, I could either start with the phone call or at the beginning of the story, so I chose to do the former.

Taking a deep breath, l began my story from the beginning. "When I was a freshman in college, I didn't know much people except for Aiden and Emma, but one day, I met this guy named Axel. At first we started to talk and as we got to know each other we found out we had a lot in common. When he asked out after a month, I was overwhelmed and I immediately said yes, a year passed of pure happiness and he proposed to me even though we were both sophomores in college".

Swallowing the lump in my throat, I stole a glance at Hunter and saw his focus intently on me. "Despite my parents' protests, we got married, I really thought I could be happy, but when the night came, he completely changed and forced himself on me. No matter how many times I tried to break free out of the shackles that were holding me down, I couldn't. When I found out I was pregnant, the panic in me grew. I knew it was a sin to abort my own baby, but I couldn't let him lay a hand on Nicholas".

"But once I heard my baby's heart on that hospital bed, all the bad thoughts I had vanished and I left the room without a second thought. I really thought I'd die in the hands of Axel, but somehow Emma found out what was happening and after I had Nicholas, she forced me to leave my past behind. And I did, I really did, but he came back again to take Nicholas away, no matter how hard I pleaded and begged him, he was gone in the blink of an eye".

As I finished my story, the tears that formed in my eyes, rushed down and didn't stop. My hands fisted the bedsheets and I bit my lip to contain the sob that was threatening to rack through me. The memories that were kept hidden at the back of my mind became open and the images that unfolded it self made me dizzy.

"Please, please just make it stop", Gripping my hair, I tried to get rid of the horrible images running through my mind.

I knew there was no point in trying to come back to reality, I was far gone now and no one could bring me down. It felt like needles were prickling me everywhere and I scratched my body like there was no tomorrow.

Blood gushed out as I continued to scratch my arms and my ears felt deaf to what was going on around me.  "Melody, Melody, snap out of it".

My eyes strayed away from the tiled floors and fell onto the warm chocolate brown orbs that seemed to bring me down to reality. Exhaling a deep breath, I let myself cocoon into his embrace. His grip on me became tighter as he continued to whisper sweet nothings into my ears.

"I am right here with you", He mumbled and nuzzled his face into my neck.

Pulling away from me, His hands clutched both of my shoulders as he gave me a small smile. "If you think your story will scare me away, you thought wrong, I'll be here every step of the way and we'll make sure to get Nicholas back okay?".

Nodding my head, I laid my head on his chest and closed my eyes. Right at this moment, an unknown peace washed over me and I trusted Hunter with everything in me.

"Thank you", Staring up at him, I gave him a small smile.

Tucking a piece of my hair, he whispered, "No need to thank me, Mi Bella".

A genuine smile lifted up my lips and I nodded my head. Leaning down, he kissed my forehead softly and gently laid me down on the bed. All the thoughts I had were gone right this minute as I stared into his eyes.

Although I know nothing about him, but I felt like I knew million things about him. At such a short time, he became someone who is important to me and if he did really leave me in the future, I didn't know what I would do without him. Maybe as the time goes by, he would open himself and tell me all the things I need to know but right now I was content in just being in his arms.

—————————————————————————
Aren't they just so sweet?

Please vote and comment 💕💕.