Chapter 9

Lance's POV
Shiro pulls me into a side room and locks the door. I had this weird sense screaming at me to get way, I wanted to hide in a hole and die; I had instantly become that afraid.

He is towering over me, his eyes are furious. I know I screwed up but....
He raises his metal arm and I know what is coming, but I'm to petrified to move or defend myself. It comes back down with immense force, so much force that I end up hitting the back wall.

'What has gotten into him?! Isn't he supposed to be the strong caring leader! He's strong that's for sure.'

My head hits the wall and I collapse. Electricity is still pulsing through my body, making it even harder to move. I gingerly look up at him, all I see is blind rage emanating from him.

"Pathetic." He crouches down to my level and stares at me. I start to shake with the fear that is running in my body.

He grabs me by the hair, making sure that I can't get away and starts to yell aggressively in my face.

"You think your such a lucky shot!! Well your not, your just lucky!!! Luck to even be on this team!!!!" His voice is so loud that it makes my ears ring. I whimper at how tightly he is pulling my hair, this is nothing like the Shiro I looked up to.

"Do you have ANY idea what you did!!" I look down and don't respond to him. Bad idea.
He lightly kicks me in the stomach and I cough at the force.

"Answer me when I ask you a question!" His voice is dark and makes me further shrink in on myself. I shake my head to show that I don't know what I did. Because I really don't.

"You almost KILLED Pidge!!" Oh that.... "You were reckless and selfish. This is a WAR, not a child's game!!!" He kicks me one more time and then pulls me up by my shirt.

"The team and myself came to an agreement. We are giving you 1 MONTH to show any improvement in your non-existent skills and if there is nothing to show, them we WILL be kicking you off the team. No exceptions." Kicking me off the team?! So I'm that pointless. I really do have no place here and nothing to give.

"You will tell NO ONE about this little incident. It stays between YOU and ME." He then brings his face right to mine, our noses are almost touching. I swear I can see a little purple glow in his eyes.

"If you tell anyone of these events or anything like it, then THEY will get hurt."

— A few minutes before —

Keith's POV
Shiro took Lance into a separate room, I would be lying if I said I wasn't afraid of what might happen.

Shiro looked pissed and I know to NEVER mess with him when he is pissed. I remember when I had just started living with him, he was having a rough day and I was being a total ass.

I wasn't listening to him at all and ended up breaking one of his treasured fragile snow domes, one that he had gotten from his boyfriend.

He didn't take it lightly. I scored a few bruises and one cut from him that day. I learnt very quickly to stay on his good side.

I just hope that nothing happens to Lance, it would break my heart to see him hurt.

————

After about 5 minuets later they both came back into the control room, Lance had his head down and I could see that he was quivering. He didn't utter a single word as he existed into the hallways. I really want to run after him and give him a warm hug but I know that would be creepy coming from me.

I look over at Shiro, he is calm and unfazed by Lance's sadness. I walk up to him and cross my arms.

"What did you do?" He looks at me with a cold expression.

"I told him about the discussion we had as a team and how he needs to improve. He didn't take it well but it needed to be said." I give him a sceptical look, not really believing his words but I didn't push it.