Chapter 18

Third POV
Lance skipped and bounced happily back into the party, his lifetime crush just asked him out!

He went to walk over to tell the others about the amazing event but hesitated when he thought of what their reactions might be.

Lance saw them all mingling among other aliens and decided against being a nuisance.
He instead decided to go outside and take in the wondrous night air.

Carefully weaving his way through the crowd the noise of everyone talking started to bring back the sharp aches in his body, he picked up his pace to get out into the peaceful night.

A man walked out in front of him and Lance didn't have enough time to stop, as a result they both fell on the ground. The huge man looming over a skinny Lance.

"Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry." Lance strongly apologies hoping that he hadn't offended the man.

"It is my fault Paladin, I should have been looking where I was going." He got up off the ground and placed a hand in Lance's face. "Here, let me help you up."

At a quick glance the mans smile look sincere and kind, but if you looked hard enough you could see a creepy undertone.

Lance happily took the mans offer to be helped up. "Thank you." Once he was up, he dusted himself off and then started to walk away when he felt a slap on his ass.

He looked back at the man to see a group of them staring at him, because of Lance's smaller stature, he started to shrink back in intimidation.

"No problem, sexy~" The man responded with a menacing smile.

Lance turned heals and ran, he did not even want to think of getting caught up in something like that. However the little interaction caused Lance to wonder if that is how Keith sees him.
If Keith only wants him for his body.

Finally making it pass the mass of people, Lance dramatically pushed the big glass doors open. This revealed an atmosphere like nothing he had ever felt.

The dark sky had an array of white stars shining bright and the plant life had a cool glow of purple, green and blue to it, little fireflies danced around the sky in elegant formations that looked like a ballet.

Lance saw what looked like a cliff and thought that it would be a wonderful place to ponder life and look at the beautiful planet more. He quietly swayed over to the edge when something caught his eye.

There, on the very edge of the cliff was a person; ready to jump.

—————

Keith's POV
Lance left the bedroom and stars flooded my vision, I flopped back on the bed with dazed eyes. My heart was beating hard and strong.

I had done it. I had confessed to Lance, and even asked him out! What's even better? HE SAID YESS!!!!

My voice lets out an excited and thrilled squeal. My mouth is smiling so hard that it hurts, but it doesn't matter because I have a boyfriend. AND ITS LANCE!!!

I soon noticed that Lance hadn't taken the sapphire blue rose with him. Thinking I should probably give it to him, I got off the bed and walked out.

My steps were clumsy due to the fact that I still had the taste and smell of Lance hypnotising my mind. I was smiling lovingly all the way back to the ball room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry the chapter is shorter, I've been busy all day.

I really hope you are enjoying the book and thank you to those who send in comments, I love reading them.

Have a great day or night 😊