Damon

Based in 1864
"I love you so much Damon! But your always with her!! I don't know what to do anymore !" You shouted at damon as you walk to your room.

"Y/N your not thinking right , babe come back here." Damon shouted.

"I am thinking right and I'm not coming back!" You yelled back furious.

"Y/N please stop speaking of these lies Katherine is waiting for me because I promised her we'd have walk around the gardens. " he replied but you just gasped in disbelief. This is exactly what you are talking about yet he's so oblivious.
"Alright then ,fine go back to her, but know if you go you are not coming back to me." You sternly replied.

"Goodbye Y/N I wish it didn't have to end like this."

Once damon left and found Katherine she had other plans then a casual garden tour. That night was the night Katherine gave Damon her blood and everything changed.

Your already being a vampire heard the ruckus outside your window as you were packing your bag getting ready to leave. But just as you stepped out the door someone grabbed your arm and forcefully pulled and pushed you into a flaming room filled with other people you recognised as vampires that lived in the community as well. 

150 years later ( around that time )

The tomb was now open. But it was for the limited time that Bonnie and gran gran had the ability to.

Damon your long lost lover has been searching for Katerina petrova for years but had no idea what he was about to find. Since your argument you mysteriously disappeared and Damon was frantic that he had lost you forever not knowing about your vampire lifestyle you once and still lived, if you can call it living.

Damon was always in denial that the breakup was your fault and made it his mission to forget about you and the emotional pain he felt after realising what he has done, so he searched and searched for Katherine to find the love that he had once given to her but was always meant for you.