Chapter 4

Hey guys! I know that I'm really early, but I couldn't wait!

This one is short, but believe it will be completely worth it!

I hope you like it, guys!

Question of the day?- If this was a movie, would you guys watch?

Just curious to know.
***

Adeline Santiago's POV.

It is mid- day and Sebastian, Janelle, Niko and I are at the tavern, discussing our next import.
Trey and Ayesha and Abbey are trying to cover as much calculated space as possible in terms of terminals.

Tatyana is getting her medical stuff sorted and ready to go.

Nya as well at Tia are in general patrol to go and collect the money owed to Matéo, who is currently fixing all the pieces together and removing any weaknesses.

We plan to make a trip through possibly Ohio and then get a shipment to Kingston, Jamaica to avoid being suspected by police.

Just then, Jerome, my older brother walks in.
I only get to see him a few times a month, because he manages our New York branch, the way Elijah manages the Florida branch from time to time.

Jerome's face lights up, when he spots me and I smile back.

I get up and walk up to him, giving him a big hug, permitting the rest of the gang to carry on.

16 years difference between my brother and I would make you think that we would be a little distant from each other.

But since he got back, we couldn't have been any closer!

I was about 4 or 5 when he left, and I thought he was gone because our dad kicked him out because of Alfonzo.

"Hey, bro how are you doing?" I ask.

He smiles wider and he starts to walk so I follow him.

"I'm good thanks. How's the boss and the kids?" He asks me.

I nod.

"I'm fine and so are the kids, don't you want to know about Matéo?" I joke, making him laugh.

"How's my nephew?" I ask, referring to Alfonzo.

I only found out about Alfonzo a couple of months after I found Jerome.

I was surprised, but really happy to see that he had been looked after by Jerome and in the care home.

"He is well" Jerome responds.

He stops at his car and then opens the passenger door for me.

I thank him and sit inside.

He sits in the driver's seat and he starts up the engine.
"There's this cool cafe that I've found, I think you will like it." He tells me with a smile.

I smile back and then take out my phone to text my husband my whereabouts.

We talk for the whole drive, but something seems off.

Jerome seems nervous.

He doesn't talk as much as usual, and he doesn't make as many jokes either.

He stops the car and gets out, going around and then opens the door for me, offering me his hand.

I take it and then step out of the car.

He offers me his arm and I take it, as we walk into the cafe.

We order a table and then we sit at it, but not to stay.