Opposite

|• Chapter 4- Opposite •|

Thought I found a way, yeah
But you never go away
So I guess I gotta stay now

A M E L I A

After school, the inevitable darkness begun to seep through my cuts and cracks all over again as I push the door open to an empty house, pathetically expecting to see my father waiting for me to bless me with his gift in person, rather than just pawn them off by trade over a white marble countertop.

My mother shifts my thought process, and the brewing storm has suddenly turned into a tornado so harsh nobody knows what to count it as. Mass distraction lays in its past, a broken home being the most valuably damaged need.

This would all just be so much more enjoyable if I could give into the thought without caring.

I never knew I signed up to be an astronaut, I didn't need the tether that tied me to the ship. I wanted to drift into oblivion and never return, because at least that way, nobody would be able to get my hopes up, only to break my trust all over. At least in oblivion, I would be alone to my own truth, one that was real, and not some childish fantasy of my mother being alive and my father being attentive.

A Dream is a wish your heart makes.

Needs.

If only this was actually Cinderella and my dreams would  come true. I want a mom, that's all I want. I don't want money, a large houses and Meet and Greet passes, I just want a mom to love me in ways that my father can't, and won't.

I know he is perfectly capable of coming home at a decent hour.

I know he's more then capable of taking time off from work for holidays or my birthday.

He's capable of doing all these things normal, caring parents do, but he chooses not to. He thinks that I'm after the money and the shit he brings home.

It's astonishing how I spend my nights crying, and he spends his living his best life.

It's charming how I dedicate hours to making sure I look thin, and he dedicates hours to forget he has a kid.

It's just lovely how I can be so helplessly devoted to the thought of not being alone, and he does everything he can to be alone.

I sighed, running my fingers over the black pen on the front of the letter. It was beautifully written, addressed to me; Amelia Hope.

Inside laid four perfectly laminated VIP passes, meet and greet registration, and side stage tickets. It was all so perfect I should have been absolutely buzzing, but instead I feel like crying.

He's once again thinking that buying me is the way to fix the ache in my heart.

He somehow thinks that he can replace my mother by leaving me as well, and serving me concert tickets like they're air.

This concert is different though.

Demi stands for so much.

She stands for mental health, addiction, self-harm, suicide awareness, bullying prevention. But most importantly, she stands for neglectful and abusive parents. She stands for abandonment issues.

She stands for everything I live daily. She is me, yet she's made it out. She has all her problems under wraps, and deals with them as they come to her.

Me?

I'm just stuck here. Isn't that lovely?

•••
I really have the urge to sing Isn't She Lovely, Harry Styles addition lmao

How was your day?

I mean I didn't didn't fail any tests today lmao so good I guess
- Kyrstin