I

Hello everyone! This is my new fanfiction, and it takes place in the Hobbit. It will contain some curse words and stuff like that, as well as battle scenes with blood and talk about rape. Scenes with a lot of blood and battle will be marked as well as the ones of rape, so you can skip them if you want. I will try and write it so that if you skip it, it won't affect your understanding of the story. This first chapter includes mentions of domestic violence and an attempted suicide, so if you want to skip it, start reading when there is a text telling you to start. The text in italics is thoughts. 

I would also like to point out that this is my second fanfic of all time. And that English isn't my first language and I use centimeters in my normal life so the whole inches stuff confuses me but I'll try. I would love to get feedback so I can improve my writing, so comments are always appreciated. But now, to the story itself. Enjoy!

Also, I don't own any of the Tolkiens characters or plot points, just the ones I have invented!

"You are worthless, you bitch! Worthless!! A whore! You are only good at spreading your legs!". I sat in our living room and watched my boyfriend with fearful eyes. He raised his hand and I wavered. I felt the slap on my cheek."  Then I woke up sweaty and shaking. The same dream kept haunting me over and over again. Sometimes it stopped before he could hit me, but sometimes it just continued to the point the burned me with his cigarette. I kept reliving the same painful memories over and over again. My ex-boyfriend had had a temper, to put it mildly. One time, I had spilled a drop of coffee on his guitar notes and he exploded. He screamed insults, yelled, hit me and pulled my hair. Other time, I watched pictures of Tom Holland on Pinterest and he caught me. That was probably the time he was the angriest. He called me a slut, a whore and wench. He burned me with a cigarette (hence the dream) and beat me half to death. Luckily, that time my neighbor saw everything and called the cops. He went to prison. But not before threatening to come and finish me off when he got out. But that wasn't the worst thing. My therapist seemed nice at first, but as time passed, he started to touch me. My leg when I was sitting down on the couch. My ass when I tied my shoes. And last time, he touched my breasts when I stretched sitting on an armchair. I feared what he might do next time. I didn't want to tell anyone because I feared that no one would believe me. The last straw was the email. "Dear Miss Bellington, we are informing you that the man, Kenneth Wallace is being released due to good behavior. Please contact the following phone number to arrange a meeting to decide about..." That bastard had tortured me and now they were setting him free! 

The next day, after a sleepless night and a spin class as an attempt to cheer me up (didn't work), my mind was empty when I walked to the liquor cabinet. I grabbed a glass of vodka and poured it down my throat.  Grimacing at the taste, I grabbed some rope, as strong I could find. I put on my shoes, took a deep breath an opened the front door. And then I just ran. I ran further and further into the woods, not caring how tired I was. Finally, I stopped at a nearby lake. It was the place we had first kissed, a quiet place in the middle of the forest. The rocks were ragged and heavy, and I fought to carry one up to the pier. With shaking hands, I started to tie the rope around it. It had to be tight. I had thought about this moment for a long time. I had always loved swimming. That is why it seemed only fitting that I would leave this world with the help if water. I had no one in this world. My ex-boyfriend had scared all my friends away and ruined the relationship between me and my parents. I only had my books. The times my boyfriend was away training with his band, I read my books. The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings -trilogy were my places to escape. And any chance I got, I would watch the movies again and again. I would also read and watch Harry Potter, but Middle earth was the one closest to my heart. The books and movies calmed my mind and gave me the courage to face him. I gathered my thoughts raised my head to watch at the landscape. It was beautiful.