X

I'm so sorry that this took quite long!

So, this one has spousal abuse in it, I will mark it with the duck mark (-<>-) so you can skip it if you want. (Am I the only one that sees the duck on the mark?) There is a description of a panic attack, and I'm sorry if it isn't absolutely correct, I haven't had one myself. And in between the marks, there are also descriptions of feelings of getting suffocated.

I have so many plans for this one, I fear that I might have to make a bit of Rivendell to the next one again *facepalm*. But, we'll see what happens. 

But now, to the story!  

I wake up in the morning to a knock on my door. I scramble up, pulling on pants as I walk to the door and open it to reveal an elf maiden, who is carrying a pile of new dresses for me. I grab them and thank her, closing the door after me but leaving it open just a bit. "It's pointless to try and sleep anymore" I decide to start drawing, hoping it to chase away the nightmares. Even here, in Rivendell, they still haunt me, every night. I walk up to the desk and grab my notebook and pens. Pondering what to do, I fix the beard of Fili while I think. An idea hits me and I start to sketch a warg on the paper, slowly remembering how it looked like. I outline the ears, the jaw, and the huge fangs. I have just finished the snout and the teeth as well as the nose when my eyelids start to droop. I ignore them, continuing to draw. I focus on the eyes, trying to capture the look they have on the paper. My eyelids still feel heavy and I give up on the eyes and decide to try and sleep for a little while more. No more than a minute goes by and I'm already asleep. 

I wake up next time to Kili barging in my room. I jump up and face him, my hair a mess and my eyes squinted due to the bright sunlight.
"Sorry, did I wake you?" He blushes and starts to leave the room, but I slowly shake my head "No, it's fine. Stay. It was time for me to wake up." He starts to wander around the room and I let my head fall back to the pillow, nodding between sleep and being awake as Kili asks me something. I just nod sleepily and pull up the covers over my head. I am nearly asleep again as I head Kili's voice squeak high (or as high as he can get),
"Is that Fili?" My eyes shoot open and I jump up from my bed, seeing that he has my notebook in his hand.
"Hey! Give it back!" I yell and try and grab the notebook from his hands but he turns his back to me, blocking my hands and jumps up and down like a little kid and stares at the image.
"I didn't know you were this good. I got to show this to Fili!" Before I can stop him, he has sprinted out of the door and into the hallway. I sprint out of bed and out the door, chasing him, yelling,
"KILI! I want it back!" I turn around a corner and spot him running down a flight of stairs.
"Kili! Come back here! He just smirks at me and sprints away, causing me to run even faster after him.
"KILI!" I yell yet again with no effect whatsoever. I sprint past a couple of very stunned looking elves and I yell good morning to them as I pass them and continue chase Kili down the stairs. Sliding to turn from a tight corner, I duck under a tray that is been carried out by an elf. Yelling my apologies I continue the chase as I notice we are nearly at the dwarves room. I gather up more speed as a last desperate try and stop the notebook from getting into Filis hands. I run around the corner and collide with someone. 

I spin and fall over, rolling around on the floor until I hit a wall and my head to it in the process. It all happens so fast that I lay on the floor stunned for a moment before I could think again. After my body has registered what had happened, I got up, groaning.
"I'm so sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going, I am in a bit of a rush..." My words died down after I saw who I had run into, Thorin Oakenshield himself. He was already on his feet, looking unaffected by the hit, as my world was spinning and the spot that hit the wall pounded with pain. "When will the bad luck end?" I heard someone laughing in the room at the end of the hallway, and I suddenly remembered why I had been running. I jump on my feet, ignoring the spinning of my world and I walk to the door, throwing the doors open.