XXV

Well, my intention was to make the story move forward, but... Well, I got ideas and... They made me think of more ideas and now, here we are. The next one will be the one that the boats leave to the mountain. I promise
I'll warn you, there is a scene which contains harassment, so if you don't feel comfortable reading about such topic, skip the part between the duck marks = 
(-<>-). There is also a scene with some blood after, so the second pair of duck marks is for it. But it's quite tame. 

Bea's POV

I woke up to Olivia moving around in the room. My head was pounding, I didn't usually get hangovers this bad, and I had drunk a shit ton of water before going to bed. Olivia was gathering her things and organizing the clothes we had borrowed from the town. I lifted my head from the pillow just a little bit and groaned to the pain, and she turned around.
"Sorry, I didn't want to wake you." She whispered and I shook my head, wincing as the throbbing got worse.
"It's fine, I should be ready before the dwarves are, I don't think they are very pleased with me right now." Olivia quirked an eyebrow to me.
"The whole 'I kissed a girl' -thing, I don't think they appreciated it that much."
"Fili and Kili seemed fine." I was sort of impressed that she even knew their names but I shook my head again, and again the pain shot up to my temples, making me wince. 
"They are younger than the rest and think of me as a sort of a sister, so I don't think that they mind. At least so much that they will say something out loud."
"And Fili totally has the hots for you." Olivia interrupted and I just glared at her. 
"But the ones I am concerned about are the older ones. Balin, Oin. Dori. And Thorin, he is the grand master of not liking the stuff I do." I rolled my eyes. 
"Well, then your just going to have to ignore him." 
"I have tried but he doesn't like it, he's probably "too majestic" to be ignored or something." I murmured and Olivia let out a small laugh before she handed me the pitcher of water. 

"Here, drink some. You look awful." I grabbed it and poured myself a full mug and emptied it in seconds and repeated it with three other glasses before I had enough. My head was still throbbing but I ignored it. "It'll pass as soon as I get some fresh air into my lungs," I promised myself and started pulling on the clothes that the master had given us. I had to stand up for do that, and the leg wound gave me a sharp pain that made my eyes water but I didn't say anything, I just made sure that the bandage was in place and tied up tightly. "I don't want to slow them down. I want them to make it in time and I want them to get into that mountain. Plus, I don't know what happens in the story if they don't make it. Knowing what will happen is the only change that I have in saving Fili, Kili, and Thorin."  The clothes consisted of a light grey blouse, and a greenish one with longer sleeves to pull on top of the other. On top of them a thicker, long-sleeved shirt and a jacket with a warm lining. I pulled all of them on me, and I had to leave the buttons up from the third blouse that I had just under my jacket, the fabric was too stiff and my boobs didn't fit otherwise. I had a breastplate too, but after taking one look at it, I knew it was not going to fit. If I had had trouble with the shirt, I would only imagine what it would be like to try and put it on, so I just left it on the bed. I grabbed my daggers and my sword, and fastened them around my waist and pulled them out to check that I could easily access them. 

A light tap came from the door, and Kili's voice sounded trough.
"Are you two awake?" 
"Yup, and dressed modestly so you can come in." The door opened sligtly and Kili peaked his head inside. There's breakfast in our room, do you want me to bring you something?" 
"Aw, thanks Kili, but I can get us something myself." He shook his head,
"It wasn't a question. I'm bringing you something." With that, he pulled his head out of the room and closed it with a click.
"Aw, he really is like your brother." 
"Yup." I popped the p while I walked around the room, peeking under furniture and inside all the drawers and cabinets to make sure I had everything but stayed on high alert in case of any more unwanted rat-visitors. I didn't find anything of mine (or any rats for that matter) so I sat on my bed, waiting for Kili to bring our food.
"So, how did this friendship of yours with the brothers begin?" Olivia asked, and sat on her bed opposite of me. I shrugged. 
"I don't know, it sort of just happened. We started to talk more and more often and soon, there wasn't really anything we wouldn't talk about. And all the dangers and the near escapes from death just brought us closer, I guess." Olivia nodded and rolled her shoulders and I got up and started walking back and forth in the room, trying to calm myself, rubbing my temples to ease the pain. It wasn't as bad as before but I could still feel it, it wasn't killing me or anything, it nearly annoyed me more than hurt. 
"Man, that corset made me stiff. Do you think they see you as a sister?" I froze, that was a question I hadn't thought of. 
"I don't know. I haven't really thought about it. I think I'll say that they don't, they are dwarves and I am a human..." I couldn't finish my sentence as a certain dark-haired dwarf burst through the door and slammed into my chest. I groaned as the air was pressed out of me when he held me in a so tight hug that I could only wheeze. Luckily, he understood the clue and let me go, and I staggered back a few steps and inhaled quickly at the pain on my leg and sat down on the bed. Luckily, either seemed to notice the real reason for the gasp, and you looked at Kili.
"You know, it's not polite to eavesdrop," Olivia smirked to you and Kili blushed slightly.
"Sorry, I didn't want to interrupt and I just happened to hear it." He was still red on his face and he hurried to continue, eyes looking into mine.
"But I would love to have you as an honorary sister! The fact that you are human doesn't change it." My heart swelled and I pulled him into a hug, he had grown so important to me and I hadn't even realized it. I felt tears well up in my eyes and I tried to stop them from falling but they still did. I let go of him, and he backed away towards the door.
"We'll leave soon, eat fast, Thorin will get mad if you are late. Sister." He emphasized the last word, and I smiled warmly.
"I'll be there, I promise, brother," I emphasized the last word as well, and he lit up and exited the room. After he closed the room behind him, I let out a watery laugh and wiped my cheeks with my hand.
"Awwww. That was too sweet." Olivia had pressed her hand on her chest and she was smiling warmly. I laughed again, not sure what to say and grabbed a piece of bread and spread some jam on it. Taking a bite out of it, I grabbed an apple and after I had finished my bread with a few huge bites, I devoured it.