XVI

Mentions and some description of blood in the beginning and ones of spiders on the ending. 

Fili's POV

"I look as Kili's three arrows hit the warg and it's rider. Bea turns to look at him, smiling, but it soon fades as she sees the warg and orc stalking at my brother. She throws the rock she has, hitting the warg in the head. Another warg attacks me from my side and I slash it with my sword as Dwalin swings his ax to it, bringing it down. I turn towards Thorin's voice and start running towards the rocks he is standing on. He slashes down a warg and yells to Kili.
"Kili! Run!" He does and slides down the hole after me. Gandalf eyes are grim as his gaze passes around the group.
"We are one short." Everyone freezes and I look around. Kili is here. As well as Thorin. Bilbo as well. Bea... Bea? I scan the ground for her and the realization hits me. She is not here! A horn sounds but I don't have time to think about it because of the next sound catches all of my attention. A bright scream of pain. 

My head shoots up and I run to the steep ascent that we just slid down. I pull out a pair of daggers and stab them in the dust, using them to climb up. I can't make any more than two steps up when I am pulled down. "
Fili." Thorin's voice is stern and I whip my head to meet his eyes,
"We can't leave her there alone!" I yell out in my desperation and slip past him. Kili has grabbed the daggers I left and is already halfway up when Dwalin grabs his legs and pulls him down. "Dwalin! Let me go!" He fights against his grip and I jump up to reach the daggers but Thorin steps in front of me.
"No, Fili." I try and slip past him, but Dwalin grabs my jacket and pulls me away. I struggle against him and so does Kili, but his grip is iron.
"Dwalin, let us go! We must help her! She is up there, alone, with Mahal only knows how many wargs on her tail." I manage to pull my jacket off of Dwalin's grip but Thorin stands in front of me and pushes a hand to my chest.

"Lads, there is no way she could have survived with the wargs." Balin's voice is bleak and it's shaking and I freeze.
"So we just leave her there?" My voice brakes. Thorin looks serious as he adds, "
Balin is right. There is, unfortunately, no way she could have fought off that many wargs with the amount of training she had." 
"Had." The past tense hits my ears hard and I waver.
"Come on, let's move on." Thorin orders and the others start getting up. Most of them look unaffected, but Bofur and Bilbo look hesitant as they start getting up and collecting their things that have fallen down during the slide.
"We do nothing?" Kili questions. voice barely above a whisper and a tear falls out of his eye. He quickly wipes it off, but another replaces it as soon as it's away. I back away from Thorin and walk up to him, throwing a dark look to Gloin who is looking disapproving look on his face.
"I don't care if it's not manly to cry but we just lost a friend." I hiss at him as I pass.

I grab Kili and pull him against me as the reality starts to set into me as well.
"We will never see her again." I place my hands on Kilis shoulders and leam back, hanging my head down as he grabs my shoulders. Our heads hang between our arms and tears start to fall out of my eyes as well as I think all the memories I have from her from our relevantly short time. The glitter in her eyes as she stares Dwalin straight in his eyes and lets out a list of things. Her face when Bofur bets against her if Bilbo would come or not. The smirk she had when she made the troll burn its friend with the coal. Her warm voice as she talked to Bilbo. The happiness she had when she managed to disarm Kili for the first time. Bomburs face as she taught him a new recipe.  All the playful shoves and punches, all of her stories. The pain squeezed my heart and tears found their way out of my eyes as well. I tried to stop them, but the fight was for nothing. They just kept falling. 

A warm hand landed on my shoulder and I hesitantly looked up. Thorin was standing next to me and pulled me along with him gently. I was too sad to fight him and shamble next to him along a pathway. Tears cloud my eyes until we reach an overlook in the bright sun. I lift my head and look up, seeing the elven city. I look back down and Balin pulls me with him,
"Come on, laddie. It will ease up." I don't answer and another tear falls.