{Chapter 27} ~Zayn~

"I passed!" 

I had called Annabelle as soon as the test was over and we both answered the same way.

"You first," I say.

"I passed my exams! I'm going to college! Even Lasy passed," She adds happily. I can hear her whooping in the background.

"That's awesome. I knew you would,"

"Now tells us about your test," It sounds like she's lying in bed, getting comfortable for a long story.

"Well, we did the written test first and then got to the fun stuff afterwards. It took an hour to grade our tests, so we spent that time doing the physical part of the test," I tell them, reliving the exhilarating moments. "Harry actually managed to pass the physical part--his jumping hasn't been that good so far. So, next week we'll be doing the actual sky diving part,"

"Awesome. Take pictures!" Annabelle says.

"I will. By the way, when's your graduation?" I ask. Since she was done with her exams, I assume she'll have her graduation soon and I want to be there.

"Two weeks from now, May twenty-fifth," She informs me. "After that, I don't even have to go to school anymore. I can start packing for college!"

"Am I invited to the graduation?"

"Of course you are," I can hear the eye roll in her voice, "But, you'll need a disguise so nobody ambushes you,"

"You're right. I'll just buy a wig," Annabelle laughs out loud. "What color do you think I go with? Blond? Brown? Or should I go all Nicki Minaj and buy a green one?"

"Yes Zayn, get a purple wig bob cut wig," Annabelle giggles.

"You'd always be able to spot me in the crowd," I point out.

"Yeah, but so will everybody else. And then people will wonder why I'm kissing the purple haired transvestite in the corner,"

I laugh. "Okay, you got me. I'll get a normal color one,"

"Good boy. I gotta go now, Daddy's home and I can't wait to tell him the news," Annabelle says. "I'll call you later, bye,"

"Bye Belle," We hang up. I'm at a red light, so I lean back in my chair for a minute to get my thoughts together. In just four months, one of my best friends/adopted brother is getting married, I learned how to sky dive, and our album is almost finish. But, the biggest thing of all was totally unexpected.

I fell in love. 

The thought hits me like a ton of bricks. Are you sure? My brain asks. Are you really in love with her? You thought you were in love with Perrie, but you weren't. I put some thought into it. Was I really in love with Annabelle? Are there symptoms of love or something?

BEEEEPP!

The long beep of an angry driver jolts me out of my thoughts. The lights has turned green. 

As soon as I get home, i get on the computer. After some extensive Googling, I can sort of confirm that I'm in love with Annabelle, but I needed a diagnosis from a professional.

"Hey Louis," I answer when he picks up the phone.

"Hey Zayn, what's up?" He sounds harried, as if he's been running errands all day.

"Nothing much. You sound exhausted, what have you been up to in the past hour?" There's really not much he could've done.

"Eleanor's allergies have her stuck in bed, so I've been doing some errands for her. She needed me to go to the florist and check on the flowers for the wedding, then the caterer for the food and now the dress shop to make sure her appointment is still booked for the dress makings this Saturday. Staying up all night planning a wedding doesn't help much either," Louis says this so quickly, I barely catch what he's saying and he has to gasps for breath at the end.

"Wow. Remind me not to get married," We laugh.

"It'll be worth it in the end. She's the love of my life, mate,"

"When did you know?" I finally blurt.

"What?"

"When did you know that you loved her?" Thankfully, he doesn't realize that this may refer to Annabelle.

"It's funny actually. It wasn't some big spontaneous moment. We were on that road trip to France and she had fallen asleep on my shoulder as I was driving. When we stopped for gas, I gently moved her head to get out of the car. The sun was shining just right on her face and it just glowed. She looked so beautiful, like a glowing angel. I knew, right then and there, that I was in love with her and maybe even wanted to spend the rest of my life with her. Now I will,"

"Wow," I breathe. I never expected a story like that. "That still doesn't answer my question though,"

"I don't know how to explain it. I think about her all the time, she looks beautiful to me no matter what she's wearing--although, I prefer her not to wear anything at all," We chuckle at his joke. "And I just can't imagine life without her. That's why I want to spend the rest of it with her,"

"Thanks. I'll see you at recording next week and sky diving later,"

"See ya, Zayn,"

We hang up. I lay down on my bed, staring at the plaster ceiling thoughtfully. After talking with Louis, I can confirm it.

I am indeed in love with Annabelle Gossamer.