{Chapter 32} ~Annabelle~

As soon as Zayn leaves, I put down the facade and slump tiredly against the car. My whole body hurts again, the deep ache seems like it'll never end. I just pray i make it to my bed this time.

The drive home is quiet one, no talk of college plans--if there even are any. I finger the scroll  of paper absentmindedly as we zoom down the highway, the passing streetlights the only source of light every few feet.

When we get home, Daddy takes me in his.

"I'm proud of you, baby," Is all he says. I almost cry as he lays his head atop mine, cloaked in a blond wig. All my hair fell out yesterday, in just the swipe of a brush. I picked it up gingerly and threw it away.

"Thanks, Daddy," We release from our embrace and got o our rooms. In mine, I rip the hot wig off and throw it across the room in a fit of anger. The doctor said there would be mood swings, but I didn't know they'd swing this much. 

I've never felt so angry at the world. I'm angry at my ancestors for getting this stupid gene, angry at myself for giving up, and the angriest at God for cursing us with this in the first place. Might as well end my suffering and die now, right?

Tears are streaming down my face now, half blinding me as I change into my pajamas and crawl into bed. I curl into a ball and weep--what about, I don't really know. All I know is when I'm done, I feel somewhat better. My eyes finally go into submission and shut to a blissful, dreamless sleep.

                                                                                       *  *  *

"Hello Eleanor," I answer the phone in the afternoon the day after the graduation.

"Hello Annabelle. You want to dig out your old suitcase, 'cos I got a real treat for you on June twentieth," She says excitedly.

"Really? What is it?"

"Three days before the wedding, the wedding party will just hang out on the island Justin Beiber lent us, then have one day for the actual wedding. After that, we'll spend another three days on the island before you guys have to leave and Louis and I can enjoy our honey moon," She informs me.

"Oh my gosh! That's awesome! I'll go look for my suitcase now,"

She laughs lightly over the phone. "I'm already on my fourth. I'll see you soon. No need to worry about air costs, we're taking the boys' jet,"

"Okay, I better start packing then. See ya, Eleanor," As soon as we hang up, i give a little squeal of excitement. Then, my phone vibrated again, this time with an unknown number displayed on the screen.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Annabelle, this is Tara, I'm using my own phone this time,"

"Oh, Hi Tara. What's up?" I ask casually.

"Sorry, I'm not here to make idle small talk. Can you be ready in front of your house in thirty minutes?"

"Yes, why?" My brows furry in curiosity and confusion.

"I'm picking up all the girls first in the limo and then we're going to kidnap Eleanor," I can almost see her mischievous smile over the phone.

"I can definitely be ready in thirty minutes then," I give a grin of my own. I have enough strength to go out, I decided. I just couldn't drink much. I hang up with Tara and hurry to my room to rummage through my closet for a cow girl outfit to put together. I manage to find a green plaid top that I can tie above my belly button, cut offs short shorts, and red boots.

I tell Daddy that I'm going to hang with some friends from the wedding party and he allows me to leave. I make it outside just as the limo pulls up.