{Chapter 40} ~Annabelle~

With my surgery the next morning, I didn't have the time to mourn a broken heart, yet I stay up all night, quietly sobbing and trying to forget. Forget about Zayn, the time and memories we shared, the things we did with each other.

Memories of the night before our "breakup" come flooding back and I have to bite back from letting out another sob. i bury my face in my pillow and try once again to fall asleep. This time, my body is feeling generous and lets me. 

The next morning, Lasyannaga comes over to spend what may be the last few moments with me. We try to casual, but how casual can you be when your best friend might die in just five hours?

We make the morbidly silent trip to the hospital, sitting in the car together for what may be the last time. 

Before they take me into the operating room, Daddy takes me in his arms and hugs me fiercely.

"I love you Belle," He says, voice tight.

"Me too, Daddy," I try to hold back the tears, but really, what's the point?

Lasyannaga hugs me next. "I love you girl. I can't believe what you had to do to Zayn, but I guess you made the right choice in the end. Knowing that someone you love is going to die is the worst feeling ever," She says. I nod in agreement. We hold each other for a few moments, crying onto each other's shoulders before the doctor says we have to separate to begin the surgery.

They shoot me up with anesthesia, something also extremely risky since I was so skinny. A warm tingling begins to spread through my body, from my feet to my head. An image of Zayn's face flashes in my mind before the darkness takes over.

***Author's Note***

Okay, I know this short, but I wanted to leave you guys with something before I went off to school tomorrow. Hope you've enjoyed the story so far, though, i know I've enjoyed writing it for you. Zayn's part sort of overlaps with Annabelle's and I wanted to do it today, too, but I have to go to church this morning. 

~Kiki xoxo