{Chapter 18} ~Annabelle~

The phone call with Zayn left me angry and upset, but mostly confused. Who exactly am I angry at? I question myself. I feel like a jerk for snapping at him, but--

No, my conscious interrupts; you're the one at fault here. You started it, so you have to apologize. 

But I already did! I argue. But, you still feel like crap, don't you?

Sometimes my conscious was too smart for its own good. I shut it up and stuff it in a closet in the back of my mind. The entire time I was having my internal argument; Lasyannaga must've been watching me. Now, she looks at me with the same concerned look you'd give a crazy person.

"What happened? You looked upset after hanging up with Zayn and then you started talking to yourself. That is never a good thing,"

I sigh and tell her what I can remember of the conversation.

"And now I feel like a bitch for snapping at him," I conclude.

"You should. That was just a little out of line," Lasy says cautiously, not wanting to anger me any further, but I was already beating myself up for it. I feel like I kicked a puppy.

Lasyannaga has to go home soon, so we clean up the mess we made. By clean up, I mean we threw away the wrappers and shoved some things under the couch.

"That's good enough," i says. 

"I'll see you later then," Lasyannaga says as she embraces me in a quick hug. "And we're shopping Tuesday,"

"It's a date," I smile warmly and watch her walk down home, just a few blocks away. Once her curvy figure disappears, I close the door and am met by the silence of my home again, alone. It's only slightly depressing, because a bowl of ice cream and some trashy TV can fix all that.

                                                                                     *  *  *

"So, you're going to meet Zayn today?" Lasy asks we set our trays down. Like usual, my plate is loaded down with as much as I can force down my throat.

"Yeah, he's just coming over to my place, I don't think we're going out," I tell her before taking a giant bite of one of my three slices of pizza.

"You should still look cute though," Lasy says.

I roll my eyes. "Of course,"

"Nobody gave you any crap today, right?" She asks now, like a concerned mother. In a way, she was since mine had died.

"No. Now everybody's trying to kiss my ass. How do you think I could afford all this food today? This girl was just dying to buy me stuff because I'm dating Zayn Malik," I say it flippantly, like it's no big deal, but inside I was amazed. When i can to get lunch this afternoon, I didn't have enough to get all my food, so just as I was about to put it back, some girl tapped my arm.

"You're that chick going out with Zayn Malik, right?" She asked.

"Yeah," i said cautiously, not wanting to get into another fight.

"Why are you putting your food back? Don't you know Zayn likes curvy girls?" She practically spat these words.

"Yes," I said crisply. "I just don't have enough money for it all,"

"I'll pay!" She offered.

"I can't let you do that," I quickly protested.

"It's fine, really," She ignored me and handed the cashier the money. "Tell Zayn I said hi. My twitter is @1Dlover,"