Chapter 13 The Date

(If you can actually recognize the cafe I'll give you a cookie!!)

Ike's p.o.v.

I remember Firkle mentioning this place before in one of our text sessions. He described the place to me and it sounded like he loved the place so I decided to take him here. Dark Skies is a poetry slam cafe that's decorated to look a bit gothic. It's a weird theme but it has gotten good reviews on their website. Firkle seemed to froze when he sat the cafe coming into view, I wonder why?

"Firkle, you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine just... surprised."

"Why is that?" I asked, chuckling a bit.

"Well, I've only mentioned this place once to you and that was a year ago."

"It was ten months ago." I corrected him.

"Stalker." Firkle smirked. I stifled a laugh.

"I am no stalker, I just went back over my texts and found it from ten months ago!"

"You scrolled through our text messages, for probably an hour or more, to find a name for a cafe that I only mentioned once to you? Sounds very stalker-ish." He states.

"Yes I did and no it is not stalker-ish. I was trying to be romantic in finding a place for us." I tell him.

"Yeah sure!" Firkle chuckles a bit and I laugh with him. We get to the door of the cafe and like a gentleman I open the door for Firkle. He walks in and we see a sign that says, 'sit anywhere you may please'. Firkle took advantage and lead me to the right side of the cafe. We went up three steps and sat at a table in the back right corner by the window on the slightly higher level of the cafe. In the middle front of the higher level was a small stage with a mic and chair already set up, there were also some lights above it that were currently off. The inside looked well decorated and the cafe smelled like vanilla. In the middle of every table was a small candle giving off the scent. Firkle seem to be looking around as if he thinks this is all too real. The situation made me laugh making him look at me.

"You ok?" I ask him.

"Yeah just surprised... and happy." He said the last part quietly but loud enough for me to hear, making me smile a bit.

"Hello, I'm Amber and I'll be your waitress." I heard a voice say. I look up to see a girl in a black tank top that was underneath a ripped sunset orange sweater along with blue flowery shorts over black tights that were underneath her blue work apron. Her eyes were lime green and her hair went from blue to sunset yellow from top to bottom. She had on a few rings on her fingers, a rainbow hair unicorn necklace and a black upside down cross hair clip. She also had multiple piercings around her ears like Firkle.

"Amber? Your Mother is Jennifer Jones correct?" Firkle questioned.

"Maybe, who's asking?" The girl named Amber ask crossing her arms.

"Your Mom is my Mom's friend, Ms. Johnson?" Firkle ask again. Does Firkle know this girl or something?

"Oh! Your Lisa's kid! Now I remember you. How long has it been?" She ask.

"Almost a year, how old are you now?"

"Just turned 18, you're 15 now right?"

"Correct."

What the hell is happening?!

"Wow. You haven't changed a bit. What's been going on?"

"I've been with Ike here." Firkle said gesturing over to me. She looks over at me and her face turned into a huge grin.