Chapter 23

The next morning, I decided to go talk to Anko and Hana about what happened on the date. I know they were dying to know everything.

First, I went to Hana's house since she lives a few blocks away from me.

I knocked on the door and Kiba answered it. 

He just chuckled. "How many times do we have to tell you Kasumi? Just walk in. You're not a stranger, you know,"

"I know, but I just feel weird barging in," I said as he invited me inside.

"Yeah, but you've known us for years because you and Hana were friends since you guys were kids. It's not weird. My mom doesn't even care if you just walk in, she likes you," Kiba said.

"It's just weird because my mother always told me it's not polite to just burst in on people and is Hana home?" I ask.

"Yeah, she's upstairs in her room," Kiba said and went to the kitchen.

Tsume poked her head out the archway that leads to the kitchen and waved at me, then she went back to the kitchen.

I walked up the stairs, seeing Hana had her bedroom door open and she was lying down on her stomach while reading a book. She heard me walk in and rolled over. 

"So, how did the date go?" She asks.

I sat down on her bed and grimaced. 

"First off, Izumo isn't my type, so the date went really bad," I said. 

"Oh, really? It was that awkward?" She rose an eyebrow.

"Well first off, we made too much small talk and bad jokes were involved. Then we spoke about Gin," 

She made a face. "That is awkward. What else happened?"

I didn't want to tell her about someone stalking me, so I just left that out. I think it was just paranoia anyway.

"I just wasn't really feeling it and I don't know why. It's like I was under too much pressure,"

She suddenly started grinning at me. 

"Hey, I think I know why the date was bad," 

"Why?" 

"Mystery guy,"

I sighed. I don't need to keep thinking about him.

"What about him?" I ask, suddenly growing annoyed.

"You are obviously not over him if you can't even go on one good date," she said.

"I am!" I protested, way too defensively.

"Yeah, I'm sure you are. You still have that look in your eyes," She giggled.

I'm totally over him. I mean, I just went on a date.

"There is no way in hell I still like him, and plus, we can't even be together even if I still wanted him," I retorted.

"Just admit it Kasumi, it's all over your face. You wouldn't be all defensive if you didn't harbor any feelings for him,"

I had no response.

"Well, he has nothing to do with my date with Izumo. I just think Izumo and I are better off as friends since we've been friends for years," I finally said. "It would be kind of awkward if we dated,"

"He definitely has everything to do with Izumo. You wouldn't give him a shot because deep down, you still like this mystery guy and won't go for him for some odd reason," She replied.

Okay fine. I admit, she's right. I'm not telling her that though. She'd just keep pushing me to go for Itachi and there's an obvious reason as to why I cannot go for him. I can't risk what being with him would cost me. 

I was having a hard time trying to come to terms with the fact that he has taken over my thoughts. I hated myself even more for catching real feelings for him.

Hana smirked. 

"Looks like you know I'm right, as always," 

"Whatever,"

She suddenly gave me an encouraging look. "Just go for him, okay? You're just depriving yourself of happiness by not giving yourself what you want. Plus, I think you deserve it, considering Gin hurt you pretty bad,"

What's up with everyone and bringing up that bastard? I had a whole list of names for him and 'bastard' is the nicest one.

I don't ever want to think of him again.

"Yeah yeah," I grouched. "Please don't bring him up again. I like pushing that into the back of my mind and forgetting it,"

"Sorry, but you get my point. Mystery guy. Now go talk to him." Hana urged and started leading me to her front door. 

She really wanted me to go for Itachi, but how is that supposed to happen? I haven't even seen him in a whole month. 

Why do I always like the guys that aren't good for me? The first man tried to kill me and now the second one is a criminal. 

Why can't I just go for someone like Kakashi? Someone who wouldn't cause me to get in such trouble.

I decided to go find Anko to tell her the details of my date. 

I found her at a dango shop of course and she noticed me.

"Want some dango?" Was the first thing she asked me.

I shook my head. "No thanks,"

Dango would only remind me more of Itachi. 

"How did that date go?" Anko asked as she wolfed down some more dango.

"Terrible," I replied.

So I explained to her what happened and my conversation with Hana. 

"Still hung up over Mystery Guy, huh?" Anko asked.

I nodded.

"Then just go for him," 

"I can't Anko. You and Hana don't understand. It won't happen and he doesn't even like me," I sighed.

"Anything is possible. No excuses. Go find him, now."

Anko rushed me out of the dango shop because she wants me to pursue Itachi.

I groaned out.

Why can't I just forget him already? He's a criminal. I doubt he even has feelings.

But then I remembered, he showed emotion to me when I brought up certain subjects. Sasuke, Shisui, his past.

A part of me knew it was wrong and I couldn't be with him, but the other part of me wants him. That part of me wants to just drop everything and go find him. 

I couldn't give in of course, because that would be unreasonable. My dad would deem me as a traitor. My mother would be rolling in her grave because I had failed her. My brother would hate me. My friends wouldn't trust me. 

I prayed to God that I could move on from Itachi. 

"Hey, how's it going?" I heard and quickly turned around.

It was Hikaru.

Even Hikaru be better, but he's not Itachi.

"Oh, everything's fine," I lied.

He looked at me skeptically. "I can tell you're bothered by something. Are you sure you don't want to talk about it?" 

I sighed. 

"Just guy troubles. I realized I have feelings for someone who isn't good for me and now I'm dealing with the aftermath,"

"I see," He said. "If you don't mind me asking, why do you say he isn't good for you?"

"Well uh, he just disappeared on me last time we talked and I know everyone would hate him. Plus, I just think he would cause trouble for me," I answered carefully.

Hikaru was giving me a look of curiosity. "You said it yourself, he's not good for you. Maybe you should try moving on then,"

"I'll try," I said curtly. "I gotta go, I'll see you around."

I rushed off trying to stop the thoughts that were coming into my head again.