Chapter 32

The next morning, Anko stopped by my apartment to wake me up so we wouldn't be late. She was rushing me the entire time I did my makeup and then I finally finished. I grabbed a granola bar since I didn't have time to eat.

"Also, Lord Hokage told me that some students wanted to do an interview for the newspaper. Remind me later," Anko said as we walked down to the Forest of Death. 

"Okay, I will," I replied and finished my granola bar. I shoved the wrapper in my pouch to throw away later and we finally arrived at the forest. 

We had to wait on a couple of jounin who were coming with the heaven and earth scrolls. While we waited, I could see the excitement in her eyes. I knew she was looking forward to torturing the genin. 

"This is going to be very fun," She smirked.

"I just hope they don't die out there," I said.

"Oh, they won't die," She chuckled. "Killing isn't even allowed in the exams. I just like scaring them,"

The jounin who was supposed to help us finally arrived and handed me a few of the scrolls.

The genin started meeting us at the gate and I saw a few of them looking slightly terrified at the Forest of Death.

I saw Asuma and Kakashi's teams were already here. Then there was a creepy grass kunoichi who went by the name "Shiore". I wanted to tell her to stop staring, but I didn't. 

She then glanced over at Sasuke, which made me a little suspicious. What is her deal?

I started to explain to the kids what they were supposed to do and I knew Anko wanted to scare them, so I let her do most of the talking.

"This is the location for the second phase of the exam," I said. "It's our 44th battle training zone, but we call it the 'Forest of Death'," 

I saw a few of the genin shuddering at the name. 

"This whole place just creeps me out," Sakura said.

Anko smirked. "It should since it's the 'Forest of Death' and soon enough, you're gonna find out why,"

Sakura widened her eyes a little and Naruto snorted loudly. 

"They call it the Forest of Death and you're gonna find out why," He mocked, with this hands on his hips.

Oh Anko, please have mercy on that kid.

Anko closed her eyes and smiled. I sweated nervously, watching her.

"So, we've got ourselves a tough guy," She said and in the blink of an eye, she pulled a kunai out from her sleeve and threw it, causing it to cut Naruto on the cheek. She then quickly appeared behind Naruto.

I looked at the spot where she was in and then back at Naruto. How the hell did she get there so quickly?

"You tough enough to handle this?" Anko whispered to him. "You're not afraid, are you?"

Naruto was too stunned to speak to her. The cut on his face was bleeding and she continued to scare him.

"Tough guys like you usually leave their blood all over this forest," Anko smirked.

I saw that same grass kunoichi, Shiore, walking behind Anko while holding that kunai she threw at Naruto with her long tongue. I found that incredibly weird and I only knew one person who had a tongue that long.

Anko was alarmed since she couldn't tell who it was and was prepared to grab another kunai, but then realized it was just Shiore. 

"I was just returning your kunai," The woman spoke.