Chapter 42

Itachi and I finally made it to the hot springs and I walked in.

"Sorry ma'am, but animals aren't allowed in here," The receptionist said. "You need to leave or leave the cat at home,"

I pinched the bridge of my nose.

I don't need this. I'm stressed enough.

"You have it all wrong," I replied. "He's not my pet. He's my summoning animal. I'm a kunoichi and I was sent here to investigate something,"

The woman's expression changed.

"I came here to ask you a question regarding my investigation," I continued. "There were some reports of suspicious activity and I came here to ask you if you've seen anything or if you know anything,"

She now understood what was going on. 

"I see," She said. "I apologize for what I said earlier. My sister and I both work for this hot spring and she's the one who reported it,"

"And did your sister say anything to you about it?"

"She did," The woman replied. "She came in, looking all panicked, and said she saw someone 'dangerous' walking by the back. She also said she tried to call him out, but he threatened her and he continued walking towards some neighborhood a few blocks away,"

Itachi and I exchanged glances again. 

Was it him? But he wouldn't threaten someone like that.

I nodded. "Is there any way I could speak to your sister? Is she around?"

"She clocked off like an hour ago. I think she's at home already," The lady replied.

The receptionist wrote down her address for me on a piece of paper and I walked back out of the hot springs. I decided I'd take a look around the back to see if the person left anything behind. When it was safe, I spoke to Itachi.

"Was it you?"

"I didn't run into anyone on my way over to your house and I didn't threaten anyone either. If it were me, I would've put them under a genjutsu to make them forget," He replied.

I breathed a sigh of relief. "Oh...that's right,"

"I think I know who she's talking about,"

"Who?"

Itachi stayed quiet and I rolled my eyes. He's being secretive again.

I looked down at the paper and read the address again. That's like on the other side of the village, so that would be a long walk.

The walk took about an hour and I finally reached the woman's house. I knocked on her door and she opened it. She looked jumpy, so I definitely knew it was her.

"Excuse me, sorry to bother," I started. "I'm Kasumi Sarutobi and I was sent to investigate your report. I spoke to your sister at the hot springs about it and she told me your address so I could talk to you about it,"

She nodded and let me in, but rushed me in.

"I'm Yukiko," She introduced. "Sorry about me rushing you in, but I'm just so paranoid after what happened last night,"

"It's okay. I understand," I gave her an assuring smile.

"I'm glad they sent you in since you're Lord Third's daughter. I don't have much faith in our new Hokage since she gambles all the time and loses. I doubt she'd find a solution,"

I didn't come here to talk behind Lady Tsunade's back. I wouldn't want anyone else but Dad's students to be Hokage after him. Excluding Orochimaru of course. I have faith in her, especially because of her healing abilities.