Chapter 30

A whole week went by and now I was dreading what was going to happen today. Itachi had to leave and go back to his criminal organization or they would get suspicious about him being gone for a week and a half. 

I wasn't looking forward to it, because I knew my feelings for him were strong and we got close. 

When I woke up, he was actually holding me in his sleep. I didn't want to move, so I just went back to sleep until I felt him move.

He didn't comment about how he was holding me in his sleep and we both pulled away to get up from the bed. 

"So, I guess today's the day, huh?" I sigh.

"Yeah, I think Kisame's starting to get suspicious so I need to go back,"

"I understand..." I trail off.

He could tell I was upset about him having to leave.

"Kasumi, remember, I told you I'm your enemy and you're my enemy," he said.

If he was my enemy, then why did he save me from Gin and Orochimaru? He even poked my forehead and smiled at me. I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to hold your enemy in your sleep either.

Plus, he's still loyal to the Leaf Village in some ways. He's hiding something from me.

I didn't say anything to him and walked out of my room to go get us something to eat. 

I was feeling down, so I just made eggs and hashbrowns for breakfast. I was too lazy to cook anything else.

He walked into my kitchen and I handed him his food. 

"When do you plan on leaving today?"

"I was thinking around nighttime because that's when everyone will be asleep. If I try to leave now, it'll be too hard because there are too many people that could see me," Itachi replied. 

I wish he didn't have to go.

"Just don't leave without a word, I at least want to say goodbye to you," I sighed and ate my food.

He looked down at his plate as if he was conflicted himself. 

There was a knock at my door and I panicked. I quickly ate my food and put my dishes in the sink so it wouldn't look like there are two people staying here. Itachi used the transformation jutsu to turn back into my cat "Stormy" and I got myself together.

I walked over to the door and saw it was my father.

Oh god. Why is he here? 

"Can I come in?" he asks.

I was mentally panicking. 

"Um, sure," I said and invited him inside.

I looked around to see where Itachi was and thankfully, I saw him walking over to my room in his cat form.

Dad sat down on the couch and I sat down on the chair that was across the couch.

"What's up?" I ask.

"Kasumi," he sighed. "Did you sneak in the hot springs a few nights ago?"

My heart raced. Oh god. Did he know about Itachi?

I didn't reply and he smirked.

"I know because I saw you left this over there," Dad said and handed my mother's necklace over to me.

I sheepishly took the necklace back and he chuckled.

"I'm not angry at you, but you shouldn't do that anymore. Especially since Gin Takahashi is after you and since you didn't pay to get in,"