chapter eighteen

Annie's POV:

~knock at the door~

"Pizza!" My mom called.
She walked in with three large boxes of pizza. Hawaiian, meat feast and plain cheese.
"Thanks," we all said as we took a slice each. I took a bite and instantly felt the urge to throw up. I ran into the bathroom and I had just about go there in time to throw up. They call this morning sickness, when really, you throw up every single hour of the day.
"Are you okay Annie?" I heard my mom say. I wiped my mouth and hugged her.
"I can't eat anything, I keep throwing up.." I tell her.
I take a deep breath and hold onto my stomach.
"Have you eaten anything today?" She asks.
I shrug, not really remembering.
"Only pancakes.." I tell her.
I look up at my mom, I could tell she was in deep thought.
"I remember when I was pregnant with you and I had the same problem," she tells me.
"You did?" I say.
She nods.
"Come on, let's go get you some pizza, then I'll tell you some secrets on how to stop sickness," she whispered.
I laughed. My mother and I had always had this crazy unbreakable bond. These are the types of moments I treasure.
I followed my mom back out into the lounge.
"You good?" Jayden asked.
I nodded, "Just the normal."
I picked up the slice and begun to eat it, then another, then another and then another.
I pretty much ate the whole Hawaiian pizza.
"I'm still hungry," I say as the friends episode ended.
"Wait!" I say, pulling out my phone.
"I'm craving donuts."
"Donuts! I want some!" Hayley says.
I laugh.
"Good job Hayden is still awake," I say calling him.

~phone call~

A- Annie.
H- Hayden.

H: hey. you okay?
A: yeah i'm okay, i just need to ask you a favour.
H: what is it?
A: could you get some donuts for jayden, hayley and i. wait a sec.
*shouts to her mom asking if she wants some* and my mom?
H: seriously?
A: pleaseeee.
H: okay.
A: yay yay yay yay yay.
H: ur cute.
A: no i am not *blushes*
H: yessss.
A: noooo.
H: you are! Now imma go and get you some donuts okay?
A: okayyy thanks love you byeee.
~hangs up~

My face was flustered.
"He's getting donuts!" I say dancing around.
"Yay!" Jayden and Hayley say loudly.
"I'm going to get some drinks you guys want anything?" I ask before walking into the kitchen.
They both say no.
I go to the kitchen and look in the fridge.
I grab a bottle of Dr Pepper and open it. I take a sip, letting the fizzing bubbles slide down my throat and fizz throughout my nose. The coldness of the drink cools me. My head starts overwhelming with thoughts. Why did my father show up the other day? Will Hayden want to have a kid? Will he hate me? Will I be able to raise this child growing inside of me? Will I be a good mother? So many unanswered questions were floating around my head like helium balloons. My mind
was frozen in thought. What am I even doing with my life? I just got so caught up in trying to get everyone to like me that I've lost who I really was. I try to be most peoples ideas of perfect but how can I be when everyone's expectations are different? I sit down by the counter my head lay, reading down on the surface as I tried controlling my breathing. This stress isn't good for this beautiful human growing inside me. I got so lost in my thoughts that a tap on the shoulder instantly brought me out of my thoughts. I slowly turned around to see Hayden stood with a bag of donuts.
I probably looked like a mess but I was too tired to care.
"You okay?" He asked.
I shrugged.
"I want to tell you something but I'm afraid to.." I tell him, watching as he places the bag out donuts on the counter.
"Why are you afraid?" He asked, his hand was rested upon my cheek and his eyes were looking deep into mine almost as if he was trying to read my thoughts.
"B-because.. I-I can't lose you a-again," I stutter.
"You won't lose me," he replied.
"But how can I be sure of that?" I ask.
"Because.. I love you," He tells me, instantly making my jaw drop.
My face lights up into a smile.
"I-I love you too..." I say back.
Within a few seconds our lips connect.
I pull away after a few seconds.
"Will you tell me what's bothering you now?" Hayden asks with a smirk.
I giggle. He's so impatient.
"S-Sure.." I say, putting my hands into my hoodie pocket. I tell him to close his eyes as I pull out the positive pregnancy test. I place it in this hands.
I wait a few seconds then tell him to open his eyes.
"O-open," I say.
He opened his eyes and looks at the test.
———————
tbc
word count: 868.