chapter thirty nine

Annie's POV:

We went to the mall and looked in lots of different stores.
We brought some outfits for our baby, diapers, a push chair, dummies, cute accessories and most importantly some stuff for a gender reveal.
Both Hayden and I decided to only have a small gathering with our close friends and family because he thinks i'll stress me out.
"Let's go to a in and out?" Hayden asked as he helped me carry some bags.
"Okay," I smiled as I tried my best to hide the exhaustion and pain I was experiencing.
"You want to sit down for a bit though?" He asked almost as if he knew.
I nodded and took a deep breath.
We walked up to a bench as I immediately sat down. My body was aching and I felt extremely tired.
"You okay?" He asked.
"I'm so tired," I spoke whilst yawning.
"We'll get some food then we can go home, yeah?"
I nodded and got up as we began walking back to the car.
Hayden had gotten all the stuff in the car and I was already sat in it, half asleep, in the most agonising position.
"Baby, you're going to hurt yourself if you sleep in here," hayden said once he had gotten in.
I shrugged.
"Try and stay awake, at least until we get food, I just don't want you to wake up and be in pain," he told me with a forehead kiss.
I nodded and tried my best to stay awake.

— 30 minutes later —

I woke up on Hayden's bed, with pillows around me for comfort. I had two blankets over me but there was something missing. Hayden. He wasn't laying beside me like he normally did.
"Hayden!" I shouted my voice slightly raspy from my 20 minute nap.
I listened closely for footsteps but their wasn't any. My heart was pounding and my thoughts were racing.
"H-HAYDEN!!" I cried out.

tbc.
sorry this is short i needed to post plus i love this cliffhanger sis