chapter twenty two

* there may be some time jumps so read carefully *
——————————————————

the first ultrasound appointment.
*two days later*.
date: 09/26/18.
time: 9:30 am.
pov: annie's.

Fear.
Fear ran throughout my body as I laid there, half awake on my sweat drenched bed.
I was awoken yet again by another horrid nightmare.
It's been the same these past couple of days, I would barely get any sleep because I was afraid.
Every night it's been the same nightmare, but each time it gets more detailed.
Even feeling alarmed I knew I had to sleep to make sure my baby would be okay.
Hayden wasn't with me by my side these past nights so it's like my fears had gotten the best of me.
But he's back.
he as in my father.
He's too much of a disgrace to even be called something like that.
He's the reason I can barely get any keep at night. It's almost like I feel unprotected.

Every night I have this dream that he's here, laying next to me, hitting me, making me hate myself more than I already do.
It's like a never ending nightmare. His eyes always give you that evil glow. I can't stop it. I feel like he will find me again and do god knows what.

"Annie?" I heard a voice say.

I shook my head, seized my eyes shut attempting to block out my thoughts.

"mhm?" I reply, turning my head to look at my mother.

"Hayden's here," She told me.

A smile grew on my face as I rushed up out of bed and made my way downstairs.

"Hey cutie," I heard Hayden say.

I ran towards him - burying myself into his arms - not saying anything.

I didn't want to, I could feel tears forming but I didn't want his to see that I was upset.

His arms tightened around me, as I felt a warm kiss on my head.

I was trying my best to block out the tears but I was already sniffing, crying quietly to myself.

"Why are you crying?" Hayden asked in a concerned tone. "What happened?"

I was so tired and I'm too much pain to respond.

"Baby, it's okay.." he whispered to me.
He carefully picked me up and carried me to the couch. Hayden sat down with me on his lap.

My eyes were becoming too heavy to hold open anymore so I closed them shut and drifted off to a light sleep.

Hayden's POV .

I held her delicate body in my arms as I studied her face. Her eyes looked almost too puffy and red than usual. Something was definitely bothering her but maybe she's too scared to tell me?

• * •

The time was soon 11 am.
The doctors appointment was in half an hour so I needed to wake up Annie. I honestly really didn't want too because she looked so tired.
"Anns," I whispered and laid a light kiss on her lips.
"Mhm," she mumbled, whilst her eyes fluttered open.
"What time is it?" She asked in her sleepy voice.
"It's 11," I replied.
She slowly sat up.
"Shoot!" She muttered under her breath.
"I picked you out an outfit," I told her with a smile.
"Aww thanks," she replied, kissing my cheek as she got up slowly.
"I'll be down in a few," She said as she walked upstairs to get ready.

I sat down and was talking to Mrs Katie whilst Annie was getting ready.

Annie's POV:

I rushed up to my room and went straight to the bathroom. I took a quick 5 minuet shower, then stepped out.
I wrapped a towel around me and went back into my room. I saw an outfit laid out on my bed which Hayden had picked out:

 I saw an outfit laid out on my bed which Hayden had picked out:

After I had gotten dressed I blow dried my hair and styled it:

Lastly I did my makeup:

I was ready.
"HAYDEN! IM READY!" I shouted.
I grabbed my purse and my phone and begun to walk towards the stairs.

I stopped at a halt. My one of my hands held onto the stair railing tightly whilst the others as held over my stomach.
A sharp pain, hitting me like a knife, shot right through me.
"H-Hay-de-" I managed to shout.
I tried to walk down the last few steps but it was next to impossible.
"You okay?" Hayden asked, running towards me.
I held onto him for support.
Another pain shot right into my stomach.
I winced in pain as I squeezed his arms.
All my weight was on him.
"I-it hurts," I whispered in pain.
"Fuck!" I shouted as another mild one approached.
"Let's get you to the hospital, okay?" Hayden told me as he helped me down the stairs.
"See you later Mrs Katie," Hayden called and we walked out to his car.
He helped me get into the passenger side and he got into the drivers seat.
"What was that pain?" He asked and he started driving.
"It was in my stomach.." I told him.
"Do you think somethings wrong with our baby?" Hayden asked giving me a concerned look.
I shrugged. It was the first time I had experienced this type of pain so I wasn't sure.
"It might just be where she's growing, I've gotten a few back aches but nothing as extreme at that," I told him.
"Let's just hope you're right, I don't want anything bad to happen," he told me, as his hand rested on my knee, but not in a seductive way.
I smiled to myself. He is nowhere near how he was when we met at school he actually cares about me.

———————
tbc.
word count: 945.